It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

what could this be??? help!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2002, 08:24 PM   #1
nikkatch

nikkatch HB User
Unhappy what could this be??? help!!!

It started 3 weeks ago with a cold with feeling like mucous coming down my throat instead of my nose. Then I develop GERD symptoms(feeling lump in throat, feeling full, food/acid backing up my throat). Then I overdosed on decongestant which made me palpitate/nervous for about a week and this aggravated GERD/acid reflux, had mild diarrhea and loss of appetite. Now my GERD symptom seems to be clearing up and appetite coming back but my stomach still seems to be upset after eating and gassy the whole night! The worst part is I've seen trace of bright red blood in my stool!!! I have history of hemmorhoid and slightly swollen at this point so I do not know if it's hemmorhoid acting up after mild diarrhea. I will call my doctor soon even though it's tough bec. I dont have insurance! Right now would like to hear if anyone out there had smilar experience. Does this sound like peptic ulcer from h plyori? or what else could it be? Are the tests expensive for h plyori or colonoscopy, any idea how much they cost??? I'm so worried, pls. respond!!!

Nikka

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2002, 07:45 AM   #2
Shanny

Shanny HB User
I have no idea what is up with all that, but hopefully yur dr will get u to a GI dr and they will order whatever test they think necessary. But, what i was going to answer was how much the test cost. I have had an Upper GI, full abdomen ultrasound, and Endoscopy and all have been covered fully by insurance and we have CIgna HMO which isant one of the greatest lol. Anyway, wait, I lied, we did get a $1 bill for the Radiologist fee after my upper GI so it wasnt totally free
~Shanny

Old 12-21-2002, 03:00 PM   #3
Autumn Angel
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I had that mucus running down my throat before it actually made me cough alot to get rid of it. After my mom dogging me about my smoking I went to the Doc and he said my lungs where clear as a bell and it was my sinus's draining into my throat. This mucus might be your case too. Do you have allergies or sinus trouble? I also have the bad stomach the doc put me on Losec to reduce the acid my stomach produces and its been a great help. I still have to take a Tum or 2 once in awhile but the Losec once a day is enough for me.

------------------
Cheers
Autumn

Closed Thread