It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2003, 04:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User
Post Is Nexium better than Prilosec?

Been on Prilosec for about a week and it works 100 times better than Protonix. Anyone with thoughts on if Nexium is better. I understand there is little difference.

Old 01-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #2

Canyonbabe HB User
Nexium is supposed to heal also whereas Prilosec(now available generically) does not have the healing capacity. There are only three that are suppossed to have the healing part. Nexium, Protonix and Prevacid. Protonix is crap as you said. It made me worse and caused me to itch. Heavon only knows what it did inside me if I was itching like that in my chest and arms.I am back to Nexium without side effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #3

jiminmaryland HB User
Lightbulb

I've been on nexium for just over a week now. Has anyone noticed an increase in sweating and body odor?

Old 01-16-2003, 03:55 PM   #4

Shanny HB User
My mom had been on Prilosec for a really long time and still ahd to take Tums and Pepcid for heartburn a lot, she was pretty unhappy with it. She liked Prevacid but LOVES Nexium, she swears by it now. She has only been on it a week and feels tons tons better, hasn't had a problem hardly at all with reflux and her just total state of being is better. I havent seen my mom happy with a prescription drug in a long time. It must be some good stuff. I am supposed to start trying it to so I hope it does as well with me, I will let ya know what happens./

Old 01-17-2003, 06:14 PM   #5

Reds1261 HB User
I am currently taking Prilosec which works very well for me...I have tried Nexium and even though Prilosec and Nexium are "supposively" the same. Nexium has no effect on controlling my heartburn, I also have side effects from Nexium and none from the Prilosec. Now my doctor and my readings do tell me that Prilosec also helps heal your esophagus.

Today I went to refill my prescription for Prilosec andd was given the generic brand "Omeprazole". Pharmist said it is the same, but tonight when I took the generic brand, I got very bad pains in my stomach and heartburn.

My question is....are the brand and the generic pills the same? because I don't think they are.

Old 01-17-2003, 10:38 PM   #6

Shanny HB User
Good question red. I recently had to get Nizatidine prescripttion refilled with Axid which is supposedly the excat same thing. however, ever since then I have had a lot of trouble, a lot more than I had with nizatidine. strange.
~shanny

Old 01-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #7

Reds1261 HB User
HI Shanny..

I work for a major food chain here in Pa. in the office, so I asked the pharmacy department and yes..there is difference in generic and brand..even though the are the same ingredients...the coating on the pill itself is different...that is probably where my problem lies with the generic brand of prilosec

Reds

Closed Thread