HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Digestive Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/)
-   -   Feeling like I'm choking. HELP!!!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/403918-feeling-like-im-choking-help.html)

jhamilton401 06-23-2006 03:49 PM

Feeling like I'm choking. HELP!!!!!

I have just started experiencing a new symptom to my already long list of digestive/stomach related problems.
Sometimes when I eat or drink something the back of my throat feels like its closing off and I'm going to choke. It feels like the is a knot at the back of my throat and sometimes I can feel it in my ears deep down inside my ears and behind my nose in the back of my throat.
The knotted up feeling goes away after a while. There is not one certain thing that I eat or drink. But when I try to drink something to make it go away it does for a moment as soon as I take a swallow but then it comes right back.
I also have these intense stomach cramps that come out of nowhere in my lower stomach and make me double over then I have to rush to the bathroom go go before I have an accident.
I have been diagnosed with mild colitis and possibly IBS, the doctor not sure about IBS for sure.
I have had an ultrasound of the gallbladder, my gallbladder couldn't be seen so now he wants a Hida scan. Could my gallbladder be not functioning correctly?
I always have gas and I'm either burping or passing gas.
I don't have hearburn or GERD that I know of. Sometimes I get sick at my stomach and bloat up really big and huge for a while after I eat.
I sometimes bloat up like a balloon after even a small bite of food.
Any advice you can give me I would soooo much appreciate!

care_berry 06-23-2006 04:54 PM

Re: Feeling like I'm choking. HELP!!!!!

First, I would say get off of all dairy products right away. This definately cannot be helping anything. If they find out that you do have IBS, this is a big contributor to it. Read up about milk and IBS. I am pretty sure changing your diet will help a lot.

Also, there's something called craniosacral therapy which is something I think you should also research. If these things don't help, there's also the raw foods diet. Research that as well. I hope these things are a help to you and good luck with everything!

jhamilton401 06-25-2006 06:57 PM

Re: Feeling like I'm choking. HELP!!!!!

Today I had a new symptom. I really thought my throat was closing off and I was going to choke.
I came in from work today and made myself a glass of chocolate milk.
I guess I swallowed too much at one time or swallowed too hard because the back of my throat felt like it was stretching itself out just to get the milk down and then I had this horrible lump on each side of the back of my throat that made me feel like something was stuck there and I was going to choke for about 15 minutes. It doesn't matter what I drink, milk, water, juice or whatever I get that feeling and it scares me to death!
It is on the sides and down the back of my throat where I get this feeling, not below my adams apple where I have read some people feel a lump after they eat or drink.
Does anyone else get this feeling?