It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
(female)

Toot Toot HB User
My poo was yellow today!

What's this about? I've been having symptoms for almost two months -- for which I'm having a colonoscopy sometime soon. Anyway, I've had abdominal pain, fatigue, and blood in my stool. Today, I was having quite a bit of pain all day. My poo was then yellow in color! I'm getting kind of freaked out by all of this. Obviously, I'm concerned about cancer. I'll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, I'd really like some ideas about what could be causing yellow stool. I do not take vitamins, and I did not eat anything out of the ordinary yesterday or today.

Additionally, I'd really appreciate any information regarding what to expect with the colonoscopy. Thanks a lot!
Romans 8:28

Old 06-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
(female)

Gigi D HB User
Re: My poo was yellow today!

I can't tell you why it was yellow-I have the same problem every so often, so when you find out let me know! My guess is that it has something to do with your bile, but I could be completely wrong.
I can tell you that the colonoscopy is really no big deal. The prep obviously won't be a whole lot of fun (in fact it downright sucks!), but that's the worst of it. The actual procedure should be a piece of cake. For the prep, I opted to take the pills. I'm not sure that they are any easier to do than the nasty liquid stuff, because they are large and you have to take a lot of them. They made me pretty nauseous, but I got through it okay. My only suggestion would be to start earlier than your instructions. My scope was scheduled early in the morning, and the night before my instructions said to start taking the pills at 5:00 p.m. I started half an hour early, but was still up past 3:00 a.m. with a nauseous stomach and feeling the need to go to the bathroom. Other people haven't had that problem, but I did and so the next time I have to go through that I'm starting at least an hour and a half early.
If you go with one of the liquid preps, I was told it helps to mix it with Crystal Light and then freeze it and make it into a slush.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
(female)

Toot Toot HB User
Re: My poo was yellow today!

Thanks so much for the reply. This information, I'm sure, will be very helpful! I'm not looking forward to the prep portion of this thing, but I am thankful that this test is available. (I try to look at it this way, anyway).
Romans 8:28

Closed Thread