It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

Irishgal HB User
Everything seems to be fine but ....

why am i still having pains. 26 f, i have had really bad stomach pains between my ribs for the past few months. its affecting my appetite so ive lost weight. when its really bad i need to hold my breath and bend over until it goes.

i had a cat scan done a few weeks ago and everthing was fine

i had an endocsocpy today, tho the pain had nearly gone the last few weeks and from what the nurse said today, that was fine too. its just so frustrating since i have been in a lot of pain and its clear. guess i just have to wait until the pain comes back again.

just dont have the energy for it since im suffering from arthritis too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
(female)

quenterry0 HB User
Re: Everything seems to be fine but ....

Ask your doctor for a HIDA scan which will test how your gallbladder is functioning. All my tests came back normal as well because I didn't have stones but the HIDA scan showed my gallbladder wasn't working properly. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 04:18 AM   #3
(female)

Irishgal HB User

would the cat scan not have shows if the gallbladder want right or not?

i had the endoscopy on monday and tuesday onwards ive been havin stomach pains. they are pretty bad but not as bad as what they can be. just gonna see if i can ride it out.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

No, the cat scan won't show much about the condition of the gb or whether there are stones. An ultrasound will show stones and the HIDA scan is for function. Get on a fat free diet and see if that helps to control the pain until you can determine what is wrong.

Closed Thread