It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

aweeze HB User
Red face IBS help please! :(

I'm not sure on if this should be here or in another section? if so then i'm sorry.. i'm still a newbie. Anyhow - All i wanna ask is if anyone knows what the hell will get rid (or help sooth them) of irritable bowel symptoms then PLEASE PLEASE let me no! because the pain i been having today was terrible! It gets so agrovating and i cant do anything about it. Buscopan don't flippin work which sucks! I am also curious about certain diets that may help..? I get bloating, irritation, constipation and the opposite an really harsh stomach pain, which is what bothers me the most. If anybody has any information what so ever on this subject then let me no. I'll be really greatfull!

Last edited by aweeze; 06-27-2006 at 02:31 AM.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kops2da HB User
Re: IBS anyone?

Sorry there seems to be no one answer for us with IBS - we all are affected differently. Here is a good website with more info - and good luck - [url][ REMOVED ][/url]

Last edited by moderator2; 06-27-2006 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting rules section titled "How to share information".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
(female)

EosLady HB User
Talking Re: IBS anyone?

Well, Is it truly IBS? I have very similar symptoms, but I have eosinophilic Gastroenteritis.... My PCP and my GI both told me that my symptoms are the same as IBS, but biopsies prove I actually have EG... I hope you were diagnosed with a scope and biopsies... That is the only way to diagnose EG, and often the tissue involved will look normal but microscopically it is infused with eos...

By experimenting with diet, you may be able to identify the foods that are causing the problem...

Good luck, and don't settle... You deserve to get some answers and treatment that will help you..

Eos Lady

Old 07-03-2006, 04:37 AM   #4
(female)

aweeze HB User

Im not entirely sure. my blood test results claim i dont have it but i beg to differ!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
(female)

EosLady HB User

Not sure what you mean by that last post.... ?????

If you mean your blood test say you don't have EC, then you need to know that only a few of us with eos issues have elevated blood levels. In the older research and criteria they thought you needed elevated blood levels for the diagnosis, but now know that you don't....
I think it is less than 30% of us with Eos GI issues have high blood levels...

If you had biopsies taken, you can ask for the results.... Ask if they were stained for eosinophils... If they were not, that can be done from a new cutting from the original biopsy... If they were and the eos are elevated, it could be that you have an eosinophilic disorder instead of IBS....

The more I learn about EGID Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders.... The more I think many may be misdiagnosed with IBS..... All too often people are not scoped and biopsied before that diagnosis is given....

I hope you find a correct diagnosis and feel as good as you can as soon as you can....

Eos Lady

Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
(female)

cosmo HB User
Unhappy Re: IBS anyone?

Hi EosLady:

I too have eosinophilic gastroenteritis. I have a jejunostomy tube right now for feeds but just found out that I'm allergic to corn. Originally I was thought to have celiac but I tested negative. The corn allergy is so hard to deal with - almost everything has corn in it in some way or another! The list is so long - ingredients of ingredients have corn! But I'm glad it was figured out. I also have GI dysmotility so I can't eat normally at this point. It's hard to find others and support groups for people with eosinophilic GI disorders. I'm glad I found someone else. Did you ever find what you are allergic to? I have multiple allergies (tons of medication allergies causing anaphylaxis), asthma, and eczema as well. I also get a rash from paper boxes often and found out that many of them contain corn!

I agree that a lot of people with IBS may actually have allergies. Or they may have intolerance to things (I'm lactose intolerant but not allergic to dairy). Elimination diets are probably the way to go for these people. Food allergies are becoming very common.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
(female)

EosLady HB User

Hi Cosmo,
Glad you found me.... There are actually a lot of us with EGID and it is ever so helpful to be able to talk to one another for support.

Corn is a hard one to cut out. I have heard it is even dusted over frozen veggies to keep them from sticking, and it is used in salt to prevent caking... I use Kosher Salt because it doesn't have corn in it. I seem to have a mild corn allergy, but only if I consume large amounts of it. Like so many others, my allergy testing comes up with nothing. It used to show a lot of both food and environmental allergies, but the last time I was tested nothing showed.

You have been through a lot having a tube. Are you on an elemental formula. I know of one teen who has a tube, but wasn't on an elemental formula so his eos did not clear up.

I hope others might read our posts and realize EGID is more common than most realize and something they can live with usually with simple life changes. I worry about those not correctly diagnosed because often they end up getting worse and have no clue why....

Eos Lady

Last edited by moderator2; 07-06-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: disallowed websites

Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #8
(female)

cosmo HB User

Hi EosLady:

Yes, it's great to find someone else who knows what I am going through. I am on an elemental formula. The one that is most hypoallergenic. I still get some discomfort when the formula is going through, but it's at nighttime so I eventually fall asleep. But I recently started to increase from a clear liquid diet to a very soft diet. I'm only allowed to swallow things no larger than a grain of rice and have to avoid all fruits and vegetables for a while, as they will not move out of my stomach. However, I have not been doing well this past week. A lot of pain, more vomiting, and tons of bloating and discomfort in my lower abdomen. My doctor is away this week but I will see him again next week (I'm on weekly visits - crazy!). I'm not sure what he will do since I just returned from a well-known institution in another part of the country which confirmed the diagnosis. My doctor may not want to make too many changes without talking to them, even though they are leaving things in his hands from now on. I'm not sure if I should try another course of steroids or even Gastrocrom which I heard works for a lot of people with food allergies. I hate this. I just want to get better! I think I might be forced to go back to clear liquids until I see him, which is no fun. We'll see what he says. In the meantime, I have the jejunostomy tube for nutrition.

Thanks,
Cosmo

Closed Thread