It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2003, 08:08 PM   #1

crystal439 HB User
Unhappy stomach churning, side cramps, pain under chest area

The past few weeks i have begun to notice that my stomach is constantly churning, moderately painfully at times, and I dont know what is causing it. Lactose has never bothered me before but maybe this is an option now? I dont know what else it could be. my tonsils are constantly swollen (and sometimes i am short of breath) and i am getting them removed next month, i dont know if that has anything to do with anything... I also have side cramps out of nowhere and pain in my upper abdomen, it hurts when i press on my upper ribcage... sometimes i have pain in my back as well.. no specific part. i also have nausea almost every day, and burp all the time. please if anyone has any suggestions of what could be the cause of all this, let me know.

[This message has been edited by crystal439 (edited 04-13-2003).]

Old 04-14-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
It could be any number of things from digestion to gallbladder probs but nobody can really diagnos it over the internet. Your best bet is to call your doctor and have it checked out. Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2003, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Ditto to what Dianek says.

Good luck to you,
Katie G

Old 04-14-2003, 09:47 AM   #4

crystal439 HB User
thank you guys......
im away at college , out of state, and its just hard to go see a doctor... i will, eventually... my sister is in med school and my mother is a nurse and they both think it is an ulcer... but i will have it checked out... are these usual ulcer symptoms? slo i have lower back pain in the morning, i dont know if that has anythin to do with anything either.... but the symptoms i mentioned above are the prevelant ones, usually worse at night.... thank you again
more replies would be great!

Old 04-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #5

Darci HB User
Hey Chrystal439, it definately could be an ulcer. I have had one just in the last 3 months. I know exactly what your saying. Do you also have pain at night. A burning in the lower ribs right below your sternum? I had burning at night and lots of nausea feelings before eating. Also I threw up in the middle of the night. My doctor told me that if I hadn't gone in to see him it could have gotten worse and turned into an acid reflux problem which in turn can cause problems with acid coming up into your throat. By now you have probably had gotten checked out I hope. Im alittle late in reading this board. How did it go? did they do a blood test to see if you had the bacteria in your stomach? I had it for 2 months and it still flares up once and awhile if I eat something gasy or spicy. Good luck I sympathize with you. d

Old 04-25-2003, 07:23 PM   #6

cathy2752 HB User
I agree with everyone else except to tell you that you really cant be sure what it is until you see a Dr....I had three ulcers, severe reflux and Barrett's esophagus and had many stomach pains...The GI Spec. diagnosed the damage by EGD and I started treatment but some of those pains did not go away, next thing I knew I was having terrible pains and found out I had a non-functioning gallbladder that was full of stones...So, it could be a number of things that only a Dr. can tell for sure.....Good luck......Cathy

Closed Thread