It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
(male)

hpsauce HB User
sConstipation , bloated tomach , pain in kidneys

Hi My name is Ryan im from Montreal , Quebec and i wanted to get some advice to know if i should worry about whats happening to me

It started with a bad cold and pain in my lungs kinda bronchitis i had pain in my lower lungs so i went to the clinic and the doctor made me do X rays to see if my lungs where damaged and he said everything was fine the cold went away about 1 week after. Now 1 week went pass and then i had pain in my kidneys and started to be constipated , the days went by and i went in the period of 2 weeks maybe 4 times but very small also i eat like a king i always over exagerate when i eat and i am not overweight so im wondering wheres all this food going???? i tryed laxatives the one to do a cleaning i drank all of it and barely went now a few days went by and my stomach feels all bloated witch i have the awnser for is all that food i eat thats not coming out.My stomach does not hurt but i have pains in my kidneys and i still am constipated and when i go for a #2 i dont need to go i force my self like if the wonderfull fealing of going for a #2 dissapeared.....

SO if any one has advice or ideas of what i can be suffuring of or if im just constipated please tell me i would apreciate it.

thanx

Old 07-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: sConstipation , bloated tomach , pain in kidneys

Ryan,
It sounds like you are constipated-- if you don't have a BM at least every 3 days -- you are constipated -- by definition!!

To have normal BMs a person needs to intake 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily and drink enough water.

The fiber should be a combination of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber absorbs fluid and bulks up your stool and insoluble fiber causes your intestinal muscle to contract moving the digested food through your intestines.

All fruits and veggies are insoluble fiber, nuts & seeds and the bran in cereals are all insoluble.

Soluble fiber is the inside of grains, beans, peas and root veggies. And, the water soluble fiber supplements like Metamucil, Citrucel, Benefiber and Fiber Choice.

All meats, seafood and all dairy products contain NO fiber.

You will probably have to use a laxative / suppository or enama to get cleared out but you need to adjust your eating so you have daily BMs.

The Foods mentioned here are certainly not a complete list but alot of people think they eat correctly and 80% don't eat enough soluble fiber in their diet.

The mucus that comes with a cold is constipating and all pain medication is also constipating to some degree!

I hope this helps~~~Harry

PS-- Sorry I think in Canada you call it fibre??

Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread