It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #1

g83 HB User
Unhappy frustrated :( Help!

Has anyone experienced these symptoms? I am a 20 year old female who has been experiencing chronic constipation and bloating that began in march and have worsened. I have been back and forth to the GI doc, but I'm not sure he is taking me very seriously. He originally said that a rectocele may be causing the constipation and tried putting me on miralax, kristalose, and finally zelnorm. They all seem to give me stomache aches that are sometimes worse than the feelings of constipation and bloating. Last week he ran a sitzmark study, but it turned out normal.

Any suggestions or guesses on what I can do to fix this? Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2003, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Why not try a water soluble fiber supplement like Equate from Wal Mart, make sure you drink enough water and exercise. Your intestine are made to function with fiber--- 20 to 30 gram daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2003, 10:23 AM   #3

g83 HB User
I have one of those giant water botels that holds 32 ounces of water, and I make sure to drink two of those a day. I've also run all my life, so this can't be due to lack of exercise. I read somewhere that it can actually make the situation worse to take a fiber supplement because it adds bulk to the stool making it harder to pass. Do you know if there is any truth to that? I've started keeping track of the fiber I eat in general throughout the day also. Thanks so much for the advice.

Closed Thread