It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2003, 02:33 PM   #1
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Unhappy Lower Colon cramping and spasming

Hello,

Frequently after I eat,my lower Colon spasms and cramps something terrible!At times its so bad I salivate with water coming in my mouth and I belch.I also must go to the bathroom 5-10 minutes after eating.

What sort of Colon problem would cause this?

Thanks,
Jasmine

Old 08-03-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Could be irritable bowel syndrome.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 04:29 AM   #3

queenohearts HB User
hi there, i read your query and although yes it could be irritable bowel syndrome, it could also be diverticulitis or crohns disease. myself and a friend have suffered what we thought was irritable bowel for years with the same symptoms you describe. it felt like childbirth all over again. on off cramping and spasming often followed by diarrhoea after many hours of pain. it turns out my friend was suffering chrons disease and i was suffering diverticuli. symptoms are all very similar. chrons disease being terminal. i would get it checked out by the doc as soon as possible if i were you. i am 36 and my friend with chrons is 34. if it is irritable bowel which hopefully for you it is the better of the three, there is a product on the market which you can buy at the chemist.. well in australia and newzealand anyway... called Mintec. you take it half an hour before you eat and it lines your digestive tracts and colons to prepare for the food and helps avoid the spasms. i have used it in the past and found it quite effective until my symptoms became increasingly more often and more severe. my doc said diverticulitis is often (not always) a result of ibs not being treated early enough. so do yourself a favour and get it checked out....

------------------

Closed Thread