It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User
Post stomach acids and the worse sore throat EVER!

Yesterday afternoon I had a bout (of trying to think what to call it)>> regurgitation stomach acids back up in my throat. My throat starting burning and by midnight it felt like someone had put a hot poker in my throat! I'm had heartburn for years but Never had anything like that before. Plus for the rest of the night when I would try to lie down, I starting throwing up. I haven't throw up in years> After a few times I just gag and nothing was left to come up. I'm don't have any flu symptoms. It just feels like my gag reflex is inflamed> It just hurts so bad (the throat). What can I do to calm the fire down. Called my Doctor ( ofcorse he's booked today) he is giving me some Prilosec, well the nurse was surprose to call in it. But two hours later and another call to his offce and she said to give her another half hour???
How long will it take for my throat to heal< I'm in sooooo much pain. The nurse said it would work right away, we will see. I'm drinking some warm tea and it' helping a tiny little bit.. Has anyone had this???HELP!! ......
~C

Old 08-08-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
What's happening is your GERD has gotten worse. Why? no one really knows, but these things can get worse over time.

Prisolec (omeprazole) is the probably the best way to go. What it does is shut off the "acid making factories" in your stomach lining so that you will have less regurgitation of acid. You should start feeling better in the next few weeks. If the throat doesn't get better by next week to 10 days, go and see the doctor again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread