| | Delayed Stomach Emptying??? Any help please.
I posted on here a while back about a long list of symptoms I have been getting since December. I'm 21, male. I went to see GI Doctor who did every test and procedure under the sun to see any abnormalitys or blockages in my stomach, bowels etc etc and nothing sinister was found except "enlarged lymphnodes in my stomach" which he said were harmless and could've been down to an infection.
So after having an endoscopy, colonoscopy, barium meal, barium enema, laproscopy etc etc I was sent to another specialist who has more to do with the processing of food. I told him my symptoms:
* Severe swelled/bloated/full feeling after eating which last for upto four hours.
* Complete loss of appetite and loss of hunger.
* Excessive belching.
* Pain around my kidneys when I wake up.
* Acid reflux after eating.
* Weight loss (31 lbs in 7 months)
* Feeling of food being caught in my throat.
* Having to swallow a few times to get certain foods down (harder, bulkier foods)
* "aching" feeling (like when I try to swallow sumthing too big) in my throat between my collar bone and adams apple after I eat food.
He said it sounds like I have "Delayed Stomach Emtying" (Gastroparesis) which is where the nerves in your stomach are not working and thus your stomach takes a long time to empty it's contents into your bowels. I had a Gastric Emptying test 4 days ago where u eat a radioactive trace and they xray it through your body for 45mins, and am currently awaiting the results.
So do I have this gastroparesis or is it possible it could be something else? Im praying it is something else as there is no real treatment for Gastroparesis because it is rare and often misdiagnosed. I am absolutely terrified that I will never be able to eat properly again or put any weight back on!
This is such a chronic problem for me at the moment and I am a shadow of my former self physically and mentally. Im incredibly stressed and can't hardly eat anything. Any suggestions? Comments? Anything would be helpful.