It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
(male)

ak1971 HB User
Stomach and back pain !! Any ideas?

I am having constant pain (last 6 months) in my stomach that goes right through to my back. I have a feeling of slight heaviness inside and my stomach is bubbling and gurgling all the time. My appetite has not altered although alcohol makes the symptoms worse.

The pain is on the left side just under the rib cage and goes through to my back making it uncomfortable to lie or sit down.

Does anyone have similar symptons or any idea as to what may be causing these symptoms?

Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
(female)

agurl79 HB User
Re: Stomach and back pain !! Any ideas?

Hi! Have you seen a doctor concerning your pain? If not, it might be a good idea to do so now. There can be several different things that could cause pain that radiates to your back.
The one thing that sticks out to me is that you said alcohol exacerbates the pain. Could you possibly have some pancreas problems? I have Chronic pancreatitis, and my pain is in the left upper quadrant of my abdomen and radiates to my back, also i can sometimes get pain in between my shoulder blades, and in my left shoulder. (pain in those areas isn't always the case though). Mine started out with a severe case of acute pancreatitis due to high triglycerides in my blood. But the most common causes of pancreatitis is alcohol use and gall bladder trouble.
Again, if you haven't sought medical advice, Please do so now. It's better to err on the side of safety!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #3
(male)

ak1971 HB User

thanks am having endoscopy tomorrow. Feels like theres something in my stomach as it always feel heavy and full. Could an ulcer cause these symptoms or is it something more serious?

Thanks

Old 07-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User

when i had attacks of GERD, i would have the pain you are describing. It could get so bad, I was afraid i was having a heart attack! let us know how youa re doing.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
(female)

Got2strum HB User

I also get pain in my stomach and back how you described I have gottan a catscan done and alot of blood work done but I still have not gotten any answers. If you get any answers to what it might be, could you please let me know also? And if I ever find out what it could be I will let you know....

Thanks Denise

Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
(female)

Sisty HB User

I also get upper stomach pain that readiates to the back. Mine is mainly on the right side but back pain on both the left and right. I have had, Ultrasounds, x-rays, CT with contrast, upper bowel series, full bloods 3 times, enoscopy, colonoscopy, HIDA sacn all negative except for fatty liver on the ultrasound but blood levels are normal. Has anyone had an ultrasound of the liver? I am also worried about my pancreas. If I get any answers I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2strum View Post
I also get pain in my stomach and back how you described I have gottan a catscan done and alot of blood work done but I still have not gotten any answers. If you get any answers to what it might be, could you please let me know also? And if I ever find out what it could be I will let you know....

Thanks Denise

Old 05-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
(female)

agurl79 HB User

I have had an ultrasound of my liver as well as a liver biopsy. Neither procedure was rough or painful. The only thing is after the biopsy I had some right shoulder discomfort.
To look for pancreas issues they usually use CT, but can also do an ERCP, MRCP, or EUS. The EUS is the best one for diagnosing pancreatic disorders

Closed Thread