It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #1

daughtergrneyes HB User
Question Sphincter Of Oddi / ERCP with normal pressures....

Hello. I have been dignosed with Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction after suffering from debilitating pain for three years now. My local doctor went to do an ERCP and could not get into the common bile duct. I had a pancreatic attack and he had to stop. I was then sent to MUSC and when they did the ERCP they didn't have any problems, the pressures were normal. They did inject Botox into the sphincter and placed a stent. They said the Botox would wear off in three to four months and if I have an attack after that, they could cut the muscle. If I have an attack before the three or four months, we need to look at other possibilities. I have had four blood test now with three of them showing elevated emzyme levels. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Please help, I need what information I can get. Is this normal?

[This message has been edited by daughtergrneyes (edited 08-16-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread