It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Kia3238 HB User
Red face Digestive Particles

Hello, I know this sounds disgusting but I believe something is wrong with my digestive system. Often I will get little white particles that come up from my throat and go into my mouth. It's really sickens me and it's almost like they are undigested food chunks and they smell really bad. Sorry to gross anyone out, but what is this? Is it normal? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 07:49 AM   #2
cheribe

Hi Kia
I am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Sounds like GERD to me. The sphincter that is supposed to tighten and keep your food in your stomache fails and food partially digested just refluxes up and into your mouth and/or lungs. You really should go see a gastroenterologist,,, but at least try some zantac (its over the counter & I believe prilosec will be soon, which is an even better GERD med) and see if that helps.,,, you could try tums, but they do absolutely nothing for me personally. Good luck with your problem.
Cheribe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 09:10 AM   #3

NoleInOrlando HB User
That is actually a sign of a sinus/tonsil type infection. See your GP and/or ENT.

Closed Thread