It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 12:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User
Post throat burning after regurgitation stomach acid

This sounds so gross to talk about, but I just can't sleep tonight. I don't have any reflux disease, that I know of. But today I guess I ate something that didn't agree with me and I belch and up came something. One thing was stomach acid. My throat starting burning and it still feels like it on fire! I've try drinking water and some milk and even taking pepo. But nothing reveies the pain. Feels like the lining of my throat is burned. What can I do to put out the fire?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #2

terri48 HB User
I had that last week. My throat burned for about 2 days...I couldn't even talk, it hurt. I tried Thayer's Slippery Elm Throat Lozenges and it helped. It also went away in 2 days, but would have regardless of the lozenges. My doctor said the irritation can last a few days. You can get these lozenges in a health food store. Try not to eat for 2 or 3 hours before bedtime so this doesn't happen again, but all of us occasionally get a "sour burp" even without reflux disease. What you are feeling is normal after the acid...it is very strong. You will be fine. Let me know when it stops and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Windymoon have you ever had this happen before?

------------------

Old 07-11-2005, 06:09 PM   #4

unuseable HB User
Re: throat burning after regurgitation stomach acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymoon
This sounds so gross to talk about, but I just can't sleep tonight. I don't have any reflux disease, that I know of. But today I guess I ate something that didn't agree with me and I belch and up came something. One thing was stomach acid. My throat starting burning and it still feels like it on fire! I've try drinking water and some milk and even taking pepo. But nothing reveies the pain. Feels like the lining of my throat is burned. What can I do to put out the fire?

Closed Thread