It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2003, 07:54 PM   #1

M. Dragoo HB User
Post Need help, feeling bad all the time

Have been tested for gallbladder problems all test came ok. Did have pain during second part of Hyda Scan, but still functions at 87%. Still having pain below right ribcage, sometimes in the middle. my stomach burns, I feel bloated, constipated, full of gas, and LOTS of burping. Last night my throat felt just a little swollen while eating. Could it GERD, or H Pylori? I felt so sure it was my gallbladder causing all this, then when they said it wasn't that, I became discouraged and hate going on with all the tests, feeling theyll keep coming back normal, but with my still feeling lousy. Not sure what to do next. Will take any suggestions.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by M. Dragoo (edited 08-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 09:55 PM   #2
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User
It could be GERD (reflux) or some other factor causing GERD to flare or H.Pylori or a host of other things.

Is this a new problem for you? If so is there anything new in your life you can trace it to?

eg:
Weight gain
change in stress, job, location
diet

Diet is very important to GERD you should do some research try elimination diets (cutting out known offending foods) and see if you improve.
They can generally tell if it's GERD by doing some minor testing. For H.Pylori testing it's just a blood test. I'm assuming you will be getting some testing done soon either with your regular doctor or a gastro doc.

I had problems like that but with diarreah....and it was a bug i had picked up i'm sure. An antibiotic and 12 lbs lighter and i have virtually no more symptoms.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by SuzyQPA2 (edited 08-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
M.Dragoo the symptoms you are describing fit mine too a T.I have gerd and i also had h.pylori.For the h.pylori they put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks.Whats really strange is after i went off them the same exact pain came back again.If you experiencing what i am i really feel for ya.This problem has been undiagnosed so far in spite of tests that were done.The pain started off periodically, now its 24/7.Hope it doesnt get that far for you.Have you had any tests done to rule out h.pylori?

------------------

Old 08-23-2003, 02:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

You have to remember that antibiotics do not always clear H.Pylori. They are not a fail safe method of erradicating it and you could find that once you finish them, the H.Pylori is back.

I think that you will find that Harry has used Mastica gum effectively for this.

Good luck

Old 08-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Sarah68 you mentioned in a ealier post that sometimes antibiotics might not eradicate the h.pylori infection.I wish my doctor believed that.I was diagnosed with an h.pylori infection about 2 months ago.I was put on a course of antibiotics,and after i was done i had the same exact pain back that i had before. The doctor didnt even want to entertain the thought that the antibiotics might not have worked.I think the doc is wrong about my problem being gone.He only did a blood test and i found out that the blood test is the least reliable test to do after you have had antibotic therapy .

------------------

Old 11-03-2003, 11:44 AM   #6
(male)

ebrown HB User
M DRAGO Did you ever find what your problem was. I'v been going thru the same thing since August with the gas and bloating. I also lost 20 lbs. First the dr said acid/reflux then lactose intolerance. I also thought that Zocor was causing my upper right quadrant pain. I still get real gassy and bloating. I'm replying to your message now as I'm looking on the board for people with similar problems.
ebrown

Closed Thread