It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 11:52 AM   #1

M. Dragoo HB User
Question What will the surgeon say?

Hi everyone. Thanks for your responses to my previous questions. I spoke with my Dr. told him I'm still having problems like bloating, gas, burping, full after a small amount of food, pain or dull ache on right side under ribs, sometimes pain in the middle of ribs. He gave me the name and number of a surgeon to go a see for a consultation. Heres my question, if all my test results for gallbladder problems are normal, then what kind of tests or whatever would the surgeon do to decide if my gallbladder should come out? Would just like to kind of know what to expect before I go see him. Has anyone else ever been here before?

Old 08-18-2003, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi there M Dragoo. If you can find my responses to other posters related to gall bladder problems, you'll see that I went for a year being told my GB was "normal" based on test results, but my surgeon knew it was still my gall bladder based on my symptoms (nausea, loose stools, loss of appetite, sharp right side pain after eating/drinking, chronic dull ache in same area between meals, tenderness to touch in that area, fatigue, etc., etc., etc.). He ended up sending me to another surgeon for a 2nd opinion who immediately said it was my gall bladder. I was suddenly scheduled for surgery 3 days later.

Needless to say, some tests will come back as "normal" even when your GB is not. Mine was severely inflamed and covered in scar tissue at the time of surgery.

Ask for a 2nd or even 3rd opinion if needed.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Katie G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 12:16 PM   #3

M. Dragoo HB User
Thanks for your response KatieG. I see a surgeon tomorrow. Hope it goes well, I'll let you know.

Old 08-22-2003, 06:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
M.Dragoo do you have gerd?The symptoms that you described can be symptoms of gerd too.

------------------

Old 08-22-2003, 07:12 PM   #5

M. Dragoo HB User
SuzyShop1

I actually don't know much about gerd. Can you give me a brief rundown on the symptoms, or what I should be looking for? The only other thing I didn't mention is that lately on occasion I feel like there is food stuck at the back of my throat, or that my throat is swollen. I appreciate your help.

Old 08-23-2003, 06:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
M.Dragoo every symptom that you mentioned in your previous post can be a symptom of gerd.The heartburn the burping, the pain or feeling of a lump in your throat, the pain in the ribcage area can all be symptoms of gerd.Do you have any problems with your bowels.The reason i asked is because sometimes if a person has gerd they might also have ibs too.Hope this helps, Take care.

Closed Thread