It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
Red face Stomach Issues

Well I am 20 years old. Male. And I've had my drinking days. I've had a stomach/over all digestive system problem for over 6 weeks now. And I've been to 3 MDd already. The results were Gastristus, bacteria, or ulcer. And I've been on medication and it has not gone away by any means. This does not feel like any thing the doctors diagnosed it as. I am having a lot of fullness in the stomach almost 24 hours a day every day, it gets worse when I eat, the feeling is similar to having a tight big rubber band around the stomach. What also I've noticed is that it felt like the disease left my stomach and moved up to my throat for several days and NO it do not feel great. It felt like my entire espophogas was being constricted and even twisted and it was hard to swallow. Then it the feeling went back down to my stomach within a couple days. Then it felt like it moved down towards my bladder area and gave me odd feelings when I urinted. Slight burning urine all the time. And chronic uncomfortable feelings. And then it moves back up to the stomach within several days and stays there for weeks. This cycle occurs off and on BUT the discomfort is pretty much chronic. Also I noticed increased fatigue and weakness if I do any type of VERY slight physical excersise.
But also I've done research and believe it may be a FUNGI infection. Several months before I got this disease I had been doing A LOT of drinking of wine and beer on THREE occasions in the month of april. I got this annoying and scary problem in mid JUNE.
Remember I have no sharp pains (Maybe a couple of pains from GAS). Just an over bad feeling in the stomach. The stools look OK nothing bloody. I did have diarehhia the other day right after I drank milk and the diarehiia had milk in it. ( I never get sick from milk.) The urine tests and blood tests they did 6 weeks ago were FINE. But did they test for FUNGUS in the urine??? who knows.

I hope you guys can help me.

P.S.- no vomiting at all. Had some slight nausea for about 3 seconds the other day. Nothing really obvious.

Pain scale 1-10 differs throughout the week and days. I'd say it ranges from 2-6. Pain is mostly just very tight and discomfort and sometimes heavy feeling and punched in the tummy feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 04:11 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by wannabehotguy:
Well I am 20 years old. Male. And I've had my drinking days. I've had a stomach/over all digestive system problem for over 6 weeks now. And I've been to 3 MDd already. The results were Gastristus, bacteria, or ulcer. And I've been on medication and it has not gone away by any means. This does not feel like any thing the doctors diagnosed it as. I am having a lot of fullness in the stomach almost 24 hours a day every day, it gets worse when I eat, the feeling is similar to having a tight big rubber band around the stomach. What also I've noticed is that it felt like the disease left my stomach and moved up to my throat for several days and NO it do not feel great. It felt like my entire espophogas was being constricted and even twisted and it was hard to swallow. Then it the feeling went back down to my stomach within a couple days. Then it felt like it moved down towards my bladder area and gave me odd feelings when I urinted. Slight burning urine all the time. And chronic uncomfortable feelings. And then it moves back up to the stomach within several days and stays there for weeks. This cycle occurs off and on BUT the discomfort is pretty much chronic. Also I noticed increased fatigue and weakness if I do any type of VERY slight physical excersise.
But also I've done research and believe it may be a FUNGI infection. Several months before I got this disease I had been doing A LOT of drinking of wine and beer on THREE occasions in the month of april. I got this annoying and scary problem in mid JUNE.
Remember I have no sharp pains (Maybe a couple of pains from GAS). Just an over bad feeling in the stomach. The stools look OK nothing bloody. I did have diarehhia the other day right after I drank milk and the diarehiia had milk in it. ( I never get sick from milk.) The urine tests and blood tests they did 6 weeks ago were FINE. But did they test for FUNGUS in the urine??? who knows.

I hope you guys can help me.

P.S.- no vomiting at all. Had some slight nausea for about 3 seconds the other day. Nothing really obvious.

Pain scale 1-10 differs throughout the week and days. I'd say it ranges from 2-6. Pain is mostly just very tight and discomfort and sometimes heavy feeling and punched in the tummy feeling.
Why do you think it's a fungal infection? If you've been reading all that stuff about "systemic candida infections", forget it. It's a load of hooey. It was something that was investigated in the 80s and 90s, but there was little evidence to support the assertion that a lot of these things are caused by a subclinical yeast infection.

It sounds like you're having a functional problem with your digestive system, and there is some anxiety mixed in with it which is making it seem worse.

You said the doctor might have diagnosed an ulcer? It's hard to diagnose an ulcer unless you get scoped--have you had a scope put in to your stomach to see if there's anything there?

Old 08-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #3
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
The reason why I thought it was a fungus infection of the digestion system is because I was on high dosage of Flagl the antibiotic to kill of bacteria. And that didn't work because I still have these strange and discomforting feelings. Also I did a lot of drinking of alcohol a while ago, I forgot to mention that I also downed a lot of vodka, but did not pass out ever. Yeast is a fungus in alcohol.

I simply just had a chest and body X-Ray. No scope down my throat, no barium x ray, or anything. The medicine I was first on was prevacid which I took for about 5 days and nothing happened. Then the internist docotor prescribed me flagyl which did not work at all. He said that somebody didn't wash their hands when they made my food and that is why I felt this way (hmm, really thanks for the Detailed explanation). What is up with docotrs and their first grade explanations??? WELL, I don't have the classic symptoms of food poisioning. I've had food poisoning many years ago and I got bad cramps, diarehia, vomiting, chills, and flue like symptoms that lasted 2 or 3 days.
Is their dangers of alcohol to the digestive system? I am now focusing on what could have happened to my system. My the alki HURT my digestive system real bad.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Did he say what the name of the bacteria was?

------------------

Old 08-23-2003, 01:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Yes, alcohol can damage your stomach, however it is more likely to give you gastritis, which is an inflammation of the stomach and this is what you would get when you have a hangover the next day after drinking. The stomach becomes inflammed and irritated and you can vomit, have stomach pains and diarrhea also. As well as liver disease from too much alcohol, it could also give you a stomach ulcer and you should perhaps think about having an endoscopy to check for this.

Flagyl (Metronidazole) is a very strong antibiotic and I think that some of your problems could have been induced by taking this. As well as killing off bacteria, antibiotics also kills of all the good bacteria in your gut as well and I really think that you need to re-balance this bacteria.

To do this, you need to take a probiotic supplement. You can do this by either eating some live yogurt or by taking some Acidophilis capsules that contain the live bacteria that line your gut. Keep them in the fridge and take them twice daily on an empty stomach. This should recolonise the good bacteria and help you to feel a bit better.

Good luck

Old 08-25-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
projapoti,
Why do you say that systemic candida infections are a load of hooey? i have been researching my own symptoms and ive found that i match EVERY SINGLE one of the symptoms for candidiasis. Dizziness/ nausea after eating, feeling "drunk"/ spacy, memory loss, constant craving for sweets (i used to never like sweets) and i can no longer tolerate any kind of alcoholic beverages. (i never drank much before, but i cant even have one drink anymore) ive also read posts from other members from the womens board who have been successfully treated for candidiasis with nycostatin (i THINK thats what its called) and acidophilus and diet. Ive been experiencing this for almost a year now, and nothing seems to help. ive been prescribed ranitidine for my supposed "gastritis" and antibiotics for the "campylobacter" bacteria in my stomach. none of these helped and I'm getting really irritated. I was on the pill for about 5 years, and started suffering these symptoms on and off for the last 3 years. I am currently off the pill for almost 3 months now, so I know its not the bcp that was causing the symptoms like I previously thought. Do you know FOR SURE that fungal infections are a bunch of hooey?

Closed Thread