It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
Post Barrium Sulfate

Well I am back from my Pelvis and Abdomen CTSCAN. I had to drink 2 bottles of this white disgusting ughhhhh stuff called Barium Sulfate. I almost gagged but I knew I had to keep it down. Then I layed in a CTSCAN machine and I was told (I counted and just like the techie said) 50 times to stop breathing and to start breathing.

They didn't watch me gag or anything. I guess the Barium stuff you guys are talking about is different right? What procedure was that for?

I still have no clue what they can see through a CTSCAN. Isn't a blood test more accurate to see how the organs are functioning. CTSCANS are x-rays right? So all they see is a picture - they don't see movements or functions. I wonder if they can detect ulcers, or H. Pylori through that or cancer. It's weird. I don't get why I am not having an endoscopy.

I won't know anything till EARLIEST tomorrow night. Going to the doctor who will give me the results. If not tomorrow, then Thursday HOPEFULLY.

Thanks for your support. I appreciate it and let's all stick together :-) Any information you guys have will TREMENDOUSLY help me understand.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
I have gerd and ibs.When i was diagnosed with both i had a barium test done at both ends.The one test you swallow it and they xray you.The other is they pump it into your rectum and xray it.I dont understand why there not giving you an endoscpy first either,considering its a cheaper test.Does the doctor say what else he thinks it could be?Good luck with your test results.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread