It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

CherieM HB User
Post Symptom Guessing Game ( please help)

Hi all I am new here have been reading the boards for awhile trying to find my symptoms. I wish we all did'nt have to be here, because I think dealing with stomach problems is the worst!

I have a problem I hope someone here can help or give me their opinion I truly would appreciate.

So far what I have read it seems to me I have Gastoparisis (who knows) here's the list:

* Immediate fatigue after eating.
I have taken my heartrate after eating and
it is ridiculios! 110-130 (rare 180) have to lay down until bout passes.

* constipation

* No apetite

* Gas trapped feeling in my stomach, makes loud air bubble noises when pushing it out.

* All symptoms worsen hormonally ( gets worst around THAT time of the month) yes I am female.
AT THAT TIME I EXPERIENCE EXTREME NAUSEA, I am not on the pill.

I have had the battery of unpleasant tests and every thing of course comes back normal
my Doc says could be IBS could be Stess
mmm... could be but I should be able to eat normally!

My typical day I wake up feeling full, gassy... but trapped gassy no gas comes out just bloat!
I am this way all day, fatigued, avoid eating becaue it will make things worse and make it feel like I got on a treadmill.
I get hungry @ 5pm usually on the dot every day! Whats up with that? then I can eat but not too heavy.

The only thing I have been diagnosed with is gastritis
how could it possibly last this long ( 2 years)

All these symptoms seemed to come on the day after thanksgiving 2002, All I can think is I ate too much and I broke something.

Well. If there is anything out there that has helped you with any of these symotoms please let me know.
What I am trying now is a Homeopathic Alkaline food restriction diet along with some Homeopathic meds prescribed to me that I can buy @ the health food store just started it so don't know if it will help.
I am trying protein shakes for food during the day.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR BEST OPINION
Thank you very much
Cherie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 09:07 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Well I can tell you that you don't have gastroparesis because you would be in a lot of distress.

I hate saying this, but it does sound like a variant of irritable bowel syndrome, but there are things about it that kinda don't fit.

Question: When you get stressed out, do the symptoms get any worse? Is there anything you can do to make the pain go away? Any nausea/vomiting? How are your bowel movements?

Old 08-24-2003, 01:38 AM   #3
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
hi, I have some of the same symptoms you do. I was looking on another topic where some girl mentioned that it may be a candida (yeast) infection of the intestines. (It's called candidiasis when it's in the intestine) Some other symptoms: feeling spacy/drunk, especially after eating a large meal, dizzy/nauseated, flatulent, feeling of fullness even after a few bites, constant craving of sweet things. I dont know if that helps, but I would do a search on the internet about candidiasis to see if maybe thats whats bugging you. My doctor also told me that I have gastritis, and possibly IBS. I doubt it though. I've been feeling this way for years and nothing he's given me has helped! I've switched to a new doctor and will be seeing her on Tuesday. Hopefully she'll run some tests! I'll let you know her suggestions.

Old 08-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Just out of interest, what homeopathic remedies are you taking? The one that springs to mind for this kind of problem would be LYCOPODIUM, as this covers a lot the symptoms mentioned.

Also, how many remedies are you taking and what kind of homeopath are you seeing? Rather than taking lots of remedies, I would suggest that you see a classical homeopathy instead. You would then be given one remedy and would wait to see what that remedy did. You would be given one remedy to cover the totality of your symptoms and not just various remedies to work on your pathological symptoms.

Depending on what your energy is like too, you would possibly be given a remedy in tablet form or liquid form that you would take on a daily basis.

Old 08-25-2003, 02:40 PM   #5

TDU HB User
Cheri,

Suggest you get a blood test for H-Polari.

I had similar symptoms, discovered I had the H-Polari bug and now 90% of the symptoms gone after a 7 day eradication process.

TDU

Old 08-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #6
Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
Hi TDU,

I got tested for H. Pylori and it was positive. I am glad to hear your symptoms improved with the medication. I hope mine do too once I start the meds. Did you have any side effects with the medication? Were you taking PrevPac? Did you retest to see if the h. pylori went away?

NikkisNYMOM

Old 08-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
TDU what kind of symptoms did you have please?

------------------

Old 08-26-2003, 09:19 PM   #8

bikerblue HB User
Have you ever considered celiac disease? I suffered with nausea, constant pain underneath my left ribs that radiated to my back and got worse with my period. I had multiple tests done and told I had IBS. Well I kept getting worse and worse and finally figured out it is celiac disease. My blood tests came back normal for it which means nothing as a lot of them do. I suffered for three years and if you can't find any answers please look into that... it totally has saved my life and I am now a totally different person healthwise!!!!

Closed Thread