It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2003, 07:48 PM   #1

EvilOne HB User
Red face Repeat fundoplication

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and glad to find someplace to talk to other folks with the same problems.

I go in for an Upper GI Friday to see if my Nissen Fundoplication has slipped.

I had the procedure done in Sept. 02.

What I'd like to hear are stories from other folks who have had to have their surgeries repeated.

What symptoms led your doc to feel your wrap might have slipped or come undone, etc, and did any of you have stomach pain and nausea following eating, a feeling that your food was backing up, or anything like that.

I was symptom free until about two weeks ago, when I started feeling nauseous after eating, having bad pain in my uppper/mid right hand side and heartburn once more.

I would like to hear any experiences and suggestions, as there is a good chance that if this has to be redone, it will be a major procedure due to scar tissue problems.

Many thanks.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 AM   #2

EvilOne HB User
Well, had the upper gi today, the guy who was readin it said he couldn't make anything weird happen so the wrap is good. Still doesn't explain why I felt fine for nearly a year then all of the sudden have pain, can't eat like I could and am having reflux. He said he couldn't see any reflux, but as I sit here, I've got heartburn.

Maybe it's all in my head.

Either way, I'd still like to hear from you all. Especially if you've had problems with your nissen after being fine for a year.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 01:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi EvilOne. Can't really respond to your post except I'm 2 years post Nissan, and still doing ok. I hope I didn't tear things a couple weeks ago - had too many alcoholic drinks one night and dry heaves the next day. My own fault, but since then I haven't noticed any return of my symptoms pre-Nissan. So I hope it hasn't slipped.

You might want to talk to your surgeon who did the procedure and see if more testing is needed to determine the current placement of your wrap.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Katie G

Old 08-28-2003, 03:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Have you been tested for h.pylori?The barium upper gi is not the most reliable test to determne acid refluxThe best test is and endoscopy and biopsy.The pain that your having in the upper righthanded side what does it feel like?Is it a sharp pain?Maybe an achy pain or burning or sore pain?

------------------

Closed Thread