It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2003, 03:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
Question Licensed Nutritionist?

I went to see a licensed nutritionist today. Actually, I went to buy some mastica and the nutritionist happened to be there and ask if I had gastritis. Well I gave him my spill about having ulcers, healing the ulcers, pain coming back but no ulcers and now can't figure out what it is. He seemed to know his stuff but I am a skeptic. Nothing against a nutritionist because I am skeptic of doctors too. At this point in time, I'm just ready to throw in the towel and say to hell with it and die! No, not there quite yet but feel that I am heading that way.

Anyway, back on topic. We talked for a long time. He was really against PPIs and he thinks that is causing my problems now. I got on PPIs when I was diagnosed with an ulcer but the nonstop continuos pain started about a month after I started the PPIs. Anyway, he feels that keeping the acid level too low lets bacteria grow and and doesn't break down proteins adequately enough for your body to synthesize which can cause other problems. Well enough of all what we talked about...I left the store with about $300 worth of stuff and I will try his plan out.

Here is a list of what I have:
1)Instimax (stuff good for the intestine, main ingredients are glutamine, n-acetyl cysteine, and gamma oryzanol)
2)Fatty acid dietary supplement (omega-3 and omega-6)
3)Enzyme supplement
4)Hydrochloride supplement (the one I am scared to take)
5)Ginger rhizome and greater galangal rhizome
6)Tannabilt (contains a lot of stuff and is supposed to help me with nausea)
7) Bio-zyme (another enzyme supplement)

He also doesn't want me to eat any animal fats for at least a week and stay with a bland diet. I will keep the board posted on my progress to see if this plan helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
Wow Act I read all the stuff the nutritionist gave you - are they all natural? Please let me know if it helps you I am very curious!

Take care and good luck!

Closed Thread