It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 11:33 AM   #1

Djin HB User
Post Need info on ulcers

I'm wondering if I might have an ulcer, or if there could be another explanation. (No, I'm not expecting a diagnosis, here, just opinions from those with similar symptoms. I'll go to the doctor sometime relatively soon, but I just wanted to know if these symptoms sounded familiar to anyone).

Ok, here's the skinny. Pretty occasionally, after eating, I'll start to feel nauseous, lasting for an hour or so. I haven't been able to pinpoint if it's specific foods that cause this or not. But it tends to happen constantly for about one week every one or two months, then I'll be fine. Also, for the past few days I've been having near crippling stabbing stomach pains (not gas or anything). It lasts a few seconds, then goes away, only to return a while later.

Plus, occasionally I'll get this very strange gnawing-type sensation in my chest area, beneath the breast bone. I've not had this happen in a while, though.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Also, I'd like to know how ulcers are diagnosed, as well as what the treatment is, just in case that's what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for reading!

Old 08-25-2003, 07:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
The gnawing pain under the breastbone sounds real familiar to me .Matter of fact it a symptom im dealing with now.I have gerd and ibs,and also had h.pylori.The doctor thinks h.pylori was what was causing the pain under the breastbone.Ulcers are usually diagnosed with an endoscopy and biopsy.Well there are two kinds of ulcers one can be from h.pylori and another from nsaids.They are usually treated with something called a prevpac.You take it for 2 weeks and then in a couple of months your retested to see if the infection was killed.

------------------
Please edit your meassages---moderator4

[This message has been edited by moderator4 (edited 08-26-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 08:33 AM   #3

Djin HB User
Thanks, Suzy.
Anyone else have some input?

Old 08-28-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Bump

Closed Thread