It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
Post H. Pylori/Ulcer Results...

Hi All,

First let me say thanks for your support. I wanted to update you on my results from tonights doctor visit. Well, my abdominal/pelvic CatScan showed - drumroll - NOTHING. It was completely normal. Of course with my personality that's not enough. The minute he said they see a lot but not how an organ is actually functioning (for example stools or something related to that). So I am thinking about what I read on the board and how some people had great results on their GB then found out they had issues with their GB's.

For now I can only hope what he saw was right and he was SO optimistic. He told me to start the PrevPac and then if I still have the same symptoms THEN he wants to do an endoscopy.

So that's my story. How's everyone else?

Old 08-27-2003, 11:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Still in pain and misery,but my natural remedy is on the way.Sure hope it works.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #3
Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
Hi Suzy,

So sorry to hear you are still in pain. Did you ask the dr. WHY the antibiotics aren't working? What are they saying? They can't just say oh too bad. They have to do something about it. Did you check your entire system out to see what it could be? You should do a ctscan too or an endoscopy again. If they rule everything out and you no longer have h. pylori then your mind can be at ease.

My sister for the past 2 years out of the blue started having all these symptoms including chest pains, abdominal pains, headaches, dizzyness, etc. Everything I had and you guys had on this board - finally when they kept finding nothing wrong with her at all - she went to see another doctor. He told her she has Anxiety. He said everything you are feeling is from that.

I don't know to some extent we all have some sort of stress. Good luck with the homeopathic stuff. Please let us know how it's working for you.

Till later.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

actudan HB User
I'm glad to hear that nothing was found and hopefully you will cure yourself with the prevpac. I wish something treatable would be found with me (nothing serious just something). I will go with my go doc's dx of anxiety and stress once all my tests have been completed and assuming the tests are negative. I just want my life back!

Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Thanks for the sympathy Nikki, if i may call you that.My family doc and gastro doc both believe they have killed the h.pylori.They dont want to think that maybe there wrong.You dont have to be a very smart person to figure this out.If the pain i was having was caused by h.pylori,and the same pain is back after the prevpac therapy.Then either it didnt get rid of it.Or they misdiagnosed it in the first place.The second gastro doc only did a blood test to come to this conculsion.The problem with that is, the research ive read says that a blood test is not the most reliable test to do after the antibiotic therapy.Also the first time they discovered i had it they did a blood test and it came back negative. The gasro doctor thinks its a waste of time and money ,to do other tests because he feels everything will turn up negative.I have gerd but the ppi's keep it under control pretty good.The only troublesome symptom i have is a gnawing sometimes sore pain right under my right breast near the ribcage.The next test will be the hida scan.He doesnt want to do more invasive tests.Because thats the only symptom im having,the gnawing pain.He said he doesnt believe its anything to be worried about.Im going to try the mastica gum which i received in the mail today.If this doesnt work,i guess im going to have to get opinion number 3. I have not had an endoscopy done this second time after the prevpac just a blood test.Which obviously they feel is enough proof.Hah i say. Going to start my mastica gum tomorrow.Within a few days if i feel any better i will post Wish me luck and prayers.

------------------

Old 08-28-2003, 06:17 PM   #6
Inactive

NikkisNYmom HB User
Hi Suzy, sure you can call me Nikki :-)

You are 100% right. Either you never had that damn bacteria and they misdiagnosed or it didn't kill it. That's quite obvious. Also, you are right about the blood test. Since mine showed up positive in the blood test I do believe it. Obviously I have it if it came out in the blood. But I wouldn't trust the blood test after my prevpac is done. I also read that the blood test will not be accurate to see if the bacteria was eradicated. IT says and so did my doctor that it will show up positive FOR YEARS in your blood. But I did read somewhere if you do a breath test or an endoscopy you will know for sure if the bacteria is gone. So I suggest doing an endoscopy if I were you.

You know what UNLESS you tell me right now that you KNOW your life is a stressful one and you know you are very hyper and you have a lot of anxiety - then I would say your gnawing pain is not something to worry about. But if you lead a fairly calm life and you don't think you have stress then I wouldn't stop going to doctors. You shouldn't feel any pain at all so something is not right. I do believe it's nothing serious but you should still get to the bottom of it.

Right now I have pain in my left side my chest I mean. It's not drastic but I never had any pain 3 weeks ago so you know what I can't ignore it - it's hard to. If these symtoms don't go away after my prevpac you bet your butt I am going to go back to the dr. and tell him to fix what's wrong.

Is the mastica gum safe though? Be careful and let me know the results. I do pray and hope it works for you and I am here if you need to talk about it.

I won't be here after tomorrow night - going away for the weekend but I will return so please do update me.

Take care and good luck with the gum!

By the way did you eat yogurt while on Prevpac or after it? How do I avoid getting a yeast infection and what is this whole thing about eating or not eating yogurt? I am getting confused. Should I or shouldn't I.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Yeah nikki the problem is getting the gp to send me to the gastro for another endoscopy.He thinks im wrong about this.Im a stay at home mom wth a four yr old and a 16yr girl,and yes you could say im stressed.Yes the mastica gum is safe ive done my research on it and feel thats its safe .I will let you know how i make out with it.I hope very much that the prevpac will work for you.When i first started having this pain it was intermittant too.But now its constant.If this gum stuff doesnt work im going to go back to the gp and demand another endoscopy.Yes i would recommend very much eating yogurt.The antibiotics do kill off the good bacteria,At the time of taking the prevpac the doctor didnt elaborate about i could get a yeast infection.I didnt read about the yogurt till it was too late.Thanks for the shoulder,and have a good and safe weekend.Stay safe

------------------

Closed Thread