It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
Post Gastralintestinal Doctor Visit

I went to the GI doctor and I told her all my symptoms and more. Such as after I eat a plain sandwhich I get really full and bloated. Somtimes hard to breath for many hours(which is really frustrating .

She said she had no clue as to what it was and that she needed to do an edoscopy from the mouth and the rear end. She had no idea why I would be having trouble breathing, except if stomach acid went into my lungs. I felt like her interest and attitude wasn't concerned and she did not have any anwers for me. She only said that she needed to do tests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
The GI doctor also said that the Probiotics probably would not work or even help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 03:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User
It is possible you may have severe GERD. I have been having terrible breathing problems for the past few months. I put two and two together and figured it must be related to GERD because I feel like constantly something in my throat, fullness, & burning. I am having an endoscopy to confirm this in two weeks. I also asked my Gastro which I had my first appointment a few days ago. He said there is a definite connection between GERD & difficulty breathing. There are studies that show that GERD can bring on asthma and breathing problems. The lining of the lungs get so inflammed and especially at night while sleeping you dont realize but everything goes up and causes this. I was very relieved by my doctor to hear this, as I am so tired of this feeling of fluid in my lungs and difficulty breathing. Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User
Also find yourself a doctor who will listen to you. My Gastro was great and answered any of my questions.

Old 08-29-2003, 04:33 AM   #5

cs67 HB User
Concur with Ginger: find a sympathetic doctor!! (My Gastro also wanted to do tests immediately, but at least he explained everything first.) And the gastroscopy is definitely the best diagnostic tool.

I am guessing that he/she will tell you to sleep elevated, if you don't already. I didn't use any pillows until I was diagnosed with GERD and now that I do (reluctantly!!) I can feel the difference. I used to wake up at night with serios burning pain. No more.

Old 08-30-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
Inactive

wannabehotguy HB User
What is a gastroscopy?

Old 08-31-2003, 02:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Probiotics do work and can help your stomach generally. If you re-balance the gut bacteria, then this can most certainly reduce gas and bloating.

Closed Thread