It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 04:29 PM   #1

dontworryitsonlyme HB User
Thumbs down Pain in left side, nausea, diarrhea for 3+ months

Iíll try to make this as short as I can while still being descriptive. It started 3-4 months ago. I got violently ill. Vomiting mostly with an extremely debilitating pain starting in the left side, but radiating across entire stomach at a bit above the belly button in intervals of about 10 seconds of pain then just the sharp pain in the side. The strange thing about this is that I hardly ever have thrown up in my life. That day I probably did as much vomiting as I have done cumulatively in my life. I have had a kidney stone(s) before. If a kidney stone is a 10 on the pain scale, this was a close 9.5. I lost my job because of it (missed a major problem) and hence, my insurance.

Anyways, since then, I have had the pain in my left side non-stop. I have also had diarrhea non-stop. No matter what I eat or drink. I eat MAYBE one small meal a day. Meal isnít even the right word. This week, Iíve made 1 taco salad from Taco #### last more than two days. When I eat, no matter what I eat, I get that unbelievable pain for a few seconds then it goes back to the duller side pain. 70% of the time, I will vomit what I have eaten anyway.

Needless to say, I am loosing a lot of weight. Thatís definitely a good thing, because I am a bigger guy. There is no way I can afford to go to a doctor or the hospital without insurance and being unemployed. So, I canít go unless it is literally life threatening. Until then, I would like to know what it is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 11:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Do you have any heartburn along wth the pain in your side?.Any problems with swallowing?

------------------

Old 08-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #3

dontworryitsonlyme HB User
Thanks for the reply. I don't have any problems swallowing or with heart burn. I should have added in my first post that the pain does not go into my back or right side at all. I don't know if I made that clear.

Old 08-28-2003, 11:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Could you be allergic to something your eating or drinking?Could you be lactose intolerant?The symptoms you describe could be a few things.Do a search on irritable bowel syndrome,gall bladder disease,h .pylori and acid reflux disease to see if any of those symptoms match what your experiencng.Hope this helps.

------------------

Old 08-28-2003, 08:16 PM   #5

zooky HB User
Hi there, hmm, what you are describing sounds very similiar to a situation I went through a few months ago. It sounds like you may possibly have an intestinal blockage or stricture. The large intestine is mostly on the left side, and if there is some blockage, that would certainly explain the sudden pain and the vomiting. I would strongly suggest you seek medical advice! Perhaps you could check with your state or a non-profit (ie catholic) hospital for assistance as I truly think you have a serious intestinal disorder.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:19 PM   #6

zooky HB User
oops....also wanted to let you know that diarrhea is another symptom of blockage/stricture, possibly divericulitis. Any fevers?

Old 08-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #7

john92 HB User
My brother had similar symptoms with Pancratitis

Try for charity care. (every hospital has it)

Old 08-29-2003, 09:20 PM   #8

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
Sounds like you're having spasms.

Old 09-01-2003, 04:52 AM   #9

gdaisy HB User
Hi there . I ahaving just about the symptoms as you are - pain in the lower left side. I have loose stools about 5 minutes after I eat or even prior to finishing my food. I am naseous and have heartburn - I have also ( new developement ) been throwing up. This has been goinbg on for three months or so. I just did a barrium follow through test - they found nothing abnormal aside from the transit time ( It took 20 minutes to go through me - while most people take 2-5 hours) I have been feeling worse since the test and the Dr, said to take immodium which is like taking nothing. I am getting scared and hope the Dr. doesn't give up. If you find out anything new about your situation please let me know. Feel better. Sincerely, Alison Rosenberg ps I also lost my job.

Closed Thread