It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 05:25 AM   #1

bronti HB User
Question Harry, questions re: Magnesia Phos.

Hello Harry,
I have to tell you, that I am feeling BETTER this morning. Yesterday I got "Magnesia Phosphorica" at the health food store. There is also (per salesclerk) a "Magnesia Phosphorus" (sp?) but they were out of it. She consulted someone at one of their other stores and they told her that the "Magnesia Phosphorica" was basically the same (tiny little pebbles). Supposedly I put 3/5 of these under my tounge, 3 times per day.
I wanted to make sure that this product is the product you suggested. It says it's for abdominal spasms.
Also, do you think it's okay that I take these along w/ my prescription med. (Donotol Extendtabs), also for muscle spasms? Thirdly, is it okay to take these daily on an extended basis or only temporary basis ?
Sorry for so many questions !!
I wanted you to know that I'm feeling much better and I wanted to "THANK YOU" so much for the recomendation. You stated your wife suffers from hiatal hernia, are there any other tidbits of info. that you or she could provide such as her diet, other remedies that help her?
You've been so helpful, I can't thank you enough !!!

Old 08-31-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Hi,
The name in the book says Magnesia
Phosphorica but it is phosphate of magnesium. It is referred to as a homeopathic remedy ---it really is one of the 12 cell salts. It has never been proven like other homeopathic remedies are but it is listed in most homeopathic literature. It is taken under your tongue--- I don't know what potency you bought but it certainly is the great anti-spasm and cramping remedy.
You can take it every 30 mins or so as long as you have spasms. Then stop when the spasms go away. You can't overdose on such small doses like 6X or 30X potency but when it works there is no need to take any more.

It certainly is OK to take with any regular medication. It work on a different level than regular medication. It is aborbed in the mouth and not through your gastrointestinal system.

If you have a Hiatal Hernia or GERD -- you should elevate the head of your bed 3 to 6 inches. This so gastric juices don't flow from your stomach up your esophagus while sleeping. Don't eat several hours before going to bed. And, don't eat alot of greasy or spicey food.

I think reason why you are having spasms or cramping is usually caused by lack of magnesium as well as calcium in your diet. You may be eating enough but not absorbing it for several reasons.

I think you sould start taking a calcium/ magnesium supplement along with Vitamin D to help calcium absorption. If you know very little about vitamins/ minerals --- then take a gluconate, citrate, apartates or oroate. The carbonates that is in Tums will interfear with nutrient absorption so take them between meals. It also takes alot of acid for proper absorption of some magnesiums like oxides and oyster shell calcium.

I know my wife get enough calcium and magnesium in her diet and with supplements but she still gets spasms and takes Mag Phos -- the little white pills but the spasms are really of short duration usually only one dose of 6X potency will put an end to the problem!!!

It is really a shame Doctors don't study nutrition and a bit of alternative medicine. They are taught to use Drugs and many times that's not the answer. I have never read where your body is lacking Donotol or PPI's but they do work sometimes for some people.

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 07:11 AM   #3
(male)

russ60 HB User
Question

Bonti-- How is the magnesia working after several days???

Old 09-01-2003, 08:16 AM   #4

bronti HB User
Smile

Hi Russ !
I am feeling "MUCH" better, thanks for asking. I have been taking the "Magnesium Phosphorica" since Saturday afternoon.
I just posted a reply to Bluepumpkin above. Seems she is having good results also ! I am so thankful to Harry for recommending it to me ..

Old 09-01-2003, 08:24 AM   #5

bronti HB User
CORRECTION !!
It's "Magnesia Phosphorica", not to confuse anyone ..

Closed Thread