It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 06:49 AM   #1

Dale-Male21 HB User
Post Stomach Problems..... Help

My problems stemmed from 4 years ago (by the way i am 21) i would be playing sport when all of a sudden my throat would start to feel really cold and i couldn't hardly breath. I never thought much about it until slowly but surely i was starting to experience symptoms that me made me worry... i started to feel very acidy in the morning, i would wake up and could taste bile in my mouth (also i was bringing some of it up, yellow/greeny colour with a bad taste & smell), my stomach would be gurgling and i started to belch alot... this slowly got worse, until the doc put on me antacids, small strength (Zantac and stuff u drink) but they didn't seem to work. The doc then put me on zoton 15mg would seemed to work, although i had to have a tablet every day just to get through the day without feeling acidly & crap... As time went on, i was given an endscopoy and they also took a sample of my stomach (BIOPSY), but couldn't find anything... I plodded on taking these tablets, until early last year, the symptoms got worse, they tried me on nexium, 15, 30 and 40 mg tablets, and i am still having big problems even on 40 mg.... They also tried zoton 30 mg but they were no good. In the last 5 months i have lost 2 stone plus as i just cant keep any food down, i am not to bad in morning (although i wake up feeling very acidy and my throat and chest has a burning feeling) or around lunch time, but come 4-5 pm i cant keep anything down, water, tea, milk, softdrinks coffee, food(any type of food, unless very very small quanties) etc. I have so far had 3 endoscopy, ultra sound and berim meal, all showing that my stomach is perfectly normal, i have had the H pyoria test (cant spell : ) ) and they found nothing.... the docs more or less told me that there was nothing wrong with me, which is a pile of crap... I now have an appointment for a balloon to be put into my stomach to test to see if my osesphogues is closing correctly...
I am experiencing: belching, gassy feeling, full feeling (even if i have hardly eaten anything) bad heartburn and bad acid. I look like death warmed up and i am generally going down the nick..

I am @ a stage were i feel crap & look cral, i cant have a drink with my mates and as for spicy food, fatty food etc, well they are completely out of the window...I cant go for a meal with my G/f anymore, and takeaways are out of the window. I also dont smoke and take reg exercise.

If anyone has any suggestions, i would love to hear from u.

I hope you all get yourselves sorted out... Cause i know that it can make your life hell..

------------------
Dale

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Have you been tested for gall bladder disease?Do have any problem with your bowels?

------------------

Old 09-02-2003, 02:27 AM   #3

Dale-Male21 HB User
Thanks for the reply...
I dont know if i have been tested or not to tell you the truth...I have had that many tests that i dont know what i have been tested for... Although i will def mention this when i go to the hospital...

Just curious, have you had the same problems and was it your gallbladder that was causing you the problems??? if anyone has had these symptons that i am having, i would really welcome some replys...

Thank-you

Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #4
(female)

debbie4ofus HB User
Re: Stomach Problems..... Help

Your symptoms could be lactose intolerance. I would try eliminating all dairy for two weeks to see if symptoms improve.
Debbie

Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

I'm going through mysterious acid-type problems with my stomach. It is not as bad as what you have, mind you. My doctor believes it is my gallbladder. Sometimes people present with atypical gallbladder symptoms. Sometimes they are not the usual symptoms. I think it would be worth your while to see if you could medically explore the gallbladder. Also, have them check your pancreas. I'm learning that pancreatic problems, gallbladder problems and stomach problems tend to mimick each other and sometimes it's hard to find out what the cause is. Good luck.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
(female)

opicena79 HB User

ok you said you had all these test ask them for gastric emtying test... maybe your stomach is not emtying fast enough.. they will give you a meak usually eggs with radioactive material in it and then they will monitor how fast food is leaving your stomach it should leave for about 60-90 minutes if longer than it could be gastropresis paralysis of the stomach muscles... that is the test i am having on dec 5t

keep us posted

Closed Thread