It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 03:36 PM  

lizcox27 HB User
Unhappy Help! Vomiting every single morning and miserable

First off, I'm soo sick of being sick. I've always had a weak stomach my whole life- Im 22- but lately, it's been consistent and unbearable. For the last 2 months, I have woken up in the middle of the night to vomit or it happens right when I wake up. I have really bad abdominal pain in my upper right area and nausea and know it's coming. I always have to go to the bathroom right before and it's always diarrhea. I vomit yellow or green stomach bile and it's usually 1-3 times. I have not been hungry at all and always feel full, bloated, and uncomfortable when I eat. I'm taking Protonix because at first I was diagnosed with acid reflux and then they weren't so sure if that's what it was. I haven't noticed if it's working, but it doesn't seem like it because I am still throwing up. I have a hiatal hernia also I'm also taking Tigan for the vomiting, but it makes me super tired. I have had every test possible done and they are all negative- thyroid, electrolytes, pregnancy, h pylori, stool, ultrasound, etc. I have an appointment for an upper GI and I am not looking forward to not being able to eat for 24 hours or swallowing the barium, but I know I have to do it. I am also thinking that it could be something to do with my birth control and too much estrogen because it seems unusual to always throw up in the morning. But this does also seem to be typical with acid reflux.
Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any help because the doctors have run out of answers and its extremely frustrating. Thank you, Elizabeth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2003, 04:04 PM  

cjones HB User
ask your doctor to do a hepatic profile

Old 08-29-2003, 04:15 PM  

lizcox27 HB User
What is a hepatic profile? I haven't heard of that. Thanks!

Old 08-29-2003, 09:10 PM  

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
Who told you that vomiting with acid reflux was normal? Are sleeping soon after eating? Vomiting and diarrhea are usually associated with intestinal bacteria. Maybe you're system is unbalanced.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:38 AM  
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
Theres a big possibility it could be your birth control pills. When I was taking ortho tri cyclen lo I would wake up at 5am every morning nauseous as hell! very bad feeling! I kept taking it for 2 months and finally stopped it and the "morning sickness" went away almost immediately. Maybe you could switch to a different brand of pills or stop taking it just to see if thats whats causing your problem.

Old 09-02-2003, 06:38 AM  
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Could also be gall bladder disease; keep pushing to find out what's wrong. Your symptoms are definitely not normal.

Good luck,
Katie G