It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
(male)

dublin1981 HB User
Abdominal & Chest Pain

Hi All,
Thanks in advance for takin the time to read as this one goes on a bit!
I am a 25 year old male. For over a year now I have been suffering from severe abdominal pain on a daily basis. Before this it all actually started with some fairly bad pain in the areas of both kidneys and I had blood in the urine. I had a KUB x-ray and blood test which came back clear and this pain gradually faded after a few months and rarely comes back so I figure it may not even be related and the GP said it was possibly a kidney stone developing but has sorted itself out? But as the kidney pain faded it seemed to be replaced by abdominal and chest pain. The abdominal pain can be all over but is usually a sharp pain in the lower left and I have the occassional bout of diarrhea which can have me running to the toilet every hour and last up to 2 weeks. Sometimes as little as 2 hours after a meal I feel as though I really need to eat again - its not hunger pain - I just feel lightheaded and like I'm gonna throw up and the only thing that helps is if I eat again. My GP said IBS was likely and prescribed Buscopan which seemed to help for a while but pretty soon I was back to normal. I then went to hospital for a colonoscopy and apparently the sigmoid section of my colon was quite inflamed but biopsies all came back negative. The surgeon did a physical exam as well and he said my abdomen did feel a bit "abnormal" and booked me in for a barium x-ray and ultrasound which is scheduled for the beginning of next month. As for the chest pain this is also on the left and seems to be there whenever the abdominal pain is there which is why I figure it is related. It is quite a dull constant awkward feeling and I feel I need to put pressure on it. I become very aware of my breathing and feel that an average breath isn't enough and I need to take deep breaths. Also occasionally if I move suddenly or take a really deep breath when the pain is there I feel a 'click' and pain that can sometimes drop me to the floor its so bad and I just have to stay relatively still until it passes. I also get pain all down my left arm at the join (opposite side from elbow) and in my fingertips. I have had a chest x-ray and ECG both normal.
Also, lately I have been getting night sweats and wake up out of breath sometimes. I then get a (perhaps silly) idea into my head that when I doze off to sleep I stop breathing and then I am awake for the night. I feel very tired, even when I get a good sleep and I am really struggling to get up in the mornings lately which has never been an issue for me until recently.
I see myself as being quite active and physically fit and play in an amateur football league twice a week as well as training at the weekend so I get plenty of exercise. I used to have quite a poor diet and I have tried to sort this out as well by starting to eat my 5 portions of fruit & veg every day.
If I go on a night out and drink alcohol everything seems to get much worse and I can be ill for days afterwards.

If anyone has any ideas at all on what may be wrong or have suffered similar symptoms I'd love to hear from you! A shiny gold star goes to anyone who can tell me what the heck is wrong!

Thanks!

Last edited by dublin1981; 07-17-2006 at 12:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread