It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

savanannastar HB User
Question hypylori

HI ,i was wondering what is this hypylori (think i spelled wrong)bacteria that i keep seeing i have gerd should i get checked for this and what are symptons??

Old 09-02-2003, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow

H.pylori is Helicobarter pylori bacteria that causes about 85% of stomach as well as duodenal ulcers. Many doctors also believe stress is a factor since it helps produce more stomach acid.

Ulcers are also caused by some pain medication that irritate the stomach lining.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
Reflux_Jan

This is actually a bacteria that is transmitted from human to human. They haven't found out yet, as to exactly how it is transmitted. There are many ways of being tested to see if you have this.

A study showed that people with H.pylori who were refluxers who took the courses of anti biotics to eradicate it had longer periods between reflux episodes.

Saying this, it is an extremely common bacteria and many people more than you'd imagine have it and never suffer from any side affects. So personally, I wouldn't jump to be tested as it probably wouldn't cure your reflux.

Many doctors that carry out endoscopies take biopsies and they usually check for this just in case whilst they are checking for other things.

Old 09-05-2003, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Savanannastar i was having a gnawing pain under my right breast on the bone.The symptoms were really intense sometimes.If i hadnt went to a gastro doc for the pain i wouldnt have known i had h.pylori.The doc thought that maybe if he cured the h.pylori my gerd might disappear.It didnt and neither did the symptoms disappear.Im due to see a third gastro doc on the 30th of this month.Somebodys got to know what this pain isssssssss. just hope i can make it till then without ending up in the er.

Closed Thread