It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

dollymama HB User
Stomach Problems...help !

I need some help please ! For the last few weeks, I have been having stomach burning, growling and I have been burping a lot. I take a lot of pills, but have been for a while, so I am not sure that it would be that. I take Doxy for my skin (twice p/day), calcium (twice p/day), once a week 50K mg of Vitamin D and I just started birth control again last sunday. I now have a loss of appetite, but my stomach always feels like it's hungry, even after I just ate. I don't have pains anywhere else and I am afraid to go to the dr's because I don't want to have the tube put down my throat. I am going on vacation soon and don't want to be sick while away, yet don't want to have to leave because of it. Anyone have any idea what I could have?? I am pretty stressed most of the time, so I am thinking it's that, but then again, it could be the pills or it could be indigestion (I have tried Zantac and it really didn't help).

Old 07-20-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
Re: Stomach Problems...help !

Hmm, not sure what you could have, but going to the drs doesn't mean they will make an appt. right away for you to have that tube procedure. I know though, I am terrified of that too! I went to the dr. today and she gave me something called prevacid, which is a stronger version of prilosec basically. I would definitely go to the dr. It's no fun living with an upset stomach. I am going through the same thing. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
(female)

dollymama HB User

Thanks Carisa. I will make the appt. soon, because I can't deal with this for much longer. I have my vacation soon and I certainly don't want to feel like this when I am away. Good luck to you too !!!

Last edited by moderator4; 07-21-2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: REpeating Quote is not needed.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Post Re: Stomach Problems...help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollymama
I need some help please ! For the last few weeks, I have been having stomach burning, growling and I have been burping a lot. I take a lot of pills, but have been for a while, so I am not sure that it would be that. I take Doxy for my skin (twice p/day), calcium (twice p/day), once a week 50K mg of Vitamin D and I just started birth control again last sunday. I now have a loss of appetite, but my stomach always feels like it's hungry, even after I just ate. I don't have pains anywhere else and I am afraid to go to the dr's because I don't want to have the tube put down my throat. I am going on vacation soon and don't want to be sick while away, yet don't want to have to leave because of it. Anyone have any idea what I could have?? I am pretty stressed most of the time, so I am thinking it's that, but then again, it could be the pills or it could be indigestion (I have tried Zantac and it really didn't help).
Doxycillin is an antibiotic and can cause many gastrointestinal reactions along with overgrowth of bad bacteria. The intestinal flora becomes altered. You need to report these symptoms to your MD, you may need to stop this medication.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
(female)

dollymama HB User

really???? My derm. never mentioned anything like that to me ! I have MS too and I asked her if there were any long term effects of Doxy and she said "none that were known", I am wondering why she didn't mention anything to me about that bacteria !!!

Closed Thread