It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 10:14 AM   #1

surfgirls HB User
Thumbs down constant burping...no relief

For about 4 months I have been burping up air constantly. It starts when I get up, and that's when I feel the worse. Sometimes I end up dry heaving because I feel like I might through up, even though I never do. I've been taking Nexium because the dr thinks it's reflux. But I haven't had any relief of the burping. Feeling sick in the morning is effecting my job. Any thoughts???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #2

prostator HB User
Hey surfgirls, I have something similar to you. Do you ever feel as if the burp is stuck in you? Like you can't make it come up? That's how mine usually manifests itself, but I also, like you, am constantly belching. My doctor thought it was reflux, and he was right, but not entirely. I did have ulcers and esophagitis, which indicated reflux. I tried Nexium (made me feel TERRIBLY SICK) then I tried Prevacid which healed my ulcers but has not stopped the belching problem. I am seeing a new doctor who thinks it might be gallbladder or gastroparesis. By the way, do you have any other symptoms, irritated throat, hoarseness, anything like that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 01:38 PM   #3

surfgirls HB User
Hi Prostator,
To answer your question, I do feel like sometimes the burp won't come out. Like it is stuck, and I feel that in my back. I did have some stomach pain/burning when this all started, so that's where the nexium came into play. I don't have that anymore (once in while maybe), but like you, the belching continues. It's like a bad movie that won't end. I was beginning to wonder about gallbladder too, but my GI said he didn't think that was it. But he didn't solve the burping problem so what does he know. I'm going to see another dr soon. Let me know how you're doing.
Surfgirl

Closed Thread