It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

ladiedi HB User
Unhappy this is a fun disease help!

This is hard to explain, I have taken actonel or fosamax for the ostepenia , which in turn gave me acid
reflux ? I then took protonix, off and on, one night before the fosamax and day after. Ok so the last time I
took my foxamax weekly it hardly bothered me at all. I was feeling good.... hoping I had gotten used to the
medicine. Five days later, woke up burning on fire back of throat, running, but definitely acidify. Feeling of I
am going to throw up, bad taste, burping alot. So I started the protonix again. I then didn't take the weekly
does of F for fear of it. I think this protonix is now making me sick though, every day I feel worse, loose
bowels to diarrhea, but still have slight burning in throat esp. when I am due for a protonix. I take it mid
afternoon not morning. I have light color stool also, thinking maybe virus? Urgency to go when eating. I
am wondering if I need my acid?
I have had a history of IBS many years ago, not been a problem, much in the recent years. I eat well , not
alot of junk, nor do I eat fatty food, much, and am thin. I never was a person that had a lot of acid, until
this medicine messed with me. I wonder is this my cross to bear now? The doctor sent me a scrip for
nexium, which I haven't picked up yet. He isn't much good, I have to get another doctor which right now I
am sick or feeling really yucky. Stomach ache.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 12:01 PM   #2

gillian30 HB User
Fosamax causes many people problems, there are other alternatives to it that'll do the same thing for your osteoporosis. Try the Nexium for reflux, you never know, might help a little at least.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile

Hi there. Yes, fosamax could be causing your problems but your symptoms of light colored stool and urgency when eating (along with diarrhea) may indicate gall bladder disease too.

See your doctor - you don't have to suffer needlessly.

Katie G

Closed Thread