It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 09:15 AM   #1

Tony74 HB User
Question violent pain at night

Hi all
For the last 6 nights i ve had violent pains under my left ribcage. It wakes me up and then i keep turning around, and occasionaly i need to get up... (During the first 5 nights i had stomach/abdominal pain as well but i went to the doc yesterday and the medecines he gave me have worked ok for these pains - but not for the left ribcage one)
The pain seems to get better when i elevate the upper part of my body or when i sleep with my stomach facing the bed.
During the day i still not feel perfectly right but i don't reallyfeel pain anymore. Today my back actually hurts but this might be because of the strange positions i take during my sleep!
I ve tried both eating 4 hours before bedtime and going to bed straight after dinner and it doesn't make any difference: i fall asleep but an hour later or so i wake up in pain...
Does anybody have an idea what i have? And suggestion for what i should eat/ not eat?
Thanks a lot!
Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony74 (edited 09-09-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 09:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ginger9708 HB User
Hi,
Im sorry I dont have an answer for you, but I do sometimes get this same pain at night but not severe. It is very unsettling not knowing what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 02:42 PM   #3

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
It definately sounds like a spasm. I was having the same exact pain, very intense and unforgiving right... read the post about magnesium it will probably help.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:28 AM   #4

Tony74 HB User
Thanks...
this is all very strange: last night no violent pain under the ribcage but abdominal pain instead. And now the kidneys are hurting too...
This is very confusing.
My guess is that the equilibrium of the digestive system was lost (because of some stress last week) and the organs are all responding. Hopefully it will all be fine soon.
The thing is that there doesn't seem to be any decease that involves pains at so many different places?

Closed Thread