It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

StaciL320 HB User
Nauseous A Lot

Hi! I am writing because it seems like I am nauseous much more than the average person. I am very regular when it comes to going to the bathroom, yet I always seem to have a lot of excesss gas, in addition to feeling nauesous or queasy much more than I feel I should. What possible reasons would a person have for being nauseous several times a week? Sometimes I just wake up nauseous and other times I could be nauseous an entire day for no apparent reason. I understand that having a lot of excess acid could make a person nauseous, and I have even tried taking antacids to help, but I still have these symptoms and don't undertand why. Any ideas?

Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

keainit HB User
Re: Nauseous A Lot

Have you checked the temperature in your refrigerator? About 10 years ago, I had the same problem you did. My refrigerator finally died and I bought a new one. The nausea problem cleared up immediately.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Could be a lot of things...I had the same symptoms with my gallstones....

Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
(female)

StaciL320 HB User

Hi Titchou and Keaint. Thanks for responding to my post. I was beginning to think nobody would respond since I was checking each day for someone to answer and nobody seemed to be responding.

Anyway, I am pretty sure my refrigerator is fine since I always check to be sure everything is cold and not spoiled. In fact, I get crazy with things like that and throw out anything in question, even though I think most of the time nothing has gone bad. Also, I had this problem when I lived somewhere else and had a different refrigerator, so I am sure that isn't the problem.

As for gallstones, well, I had my gall bladder removed about three years ago because of some problems I was having. I never had a real gall bladder attack, but was getting pain in the area right where my gall bladder was whenever I touched the area. I had a sonogram done and stones were found so I just had my gall bladder out.

I probably have some digestive problems going on since I get hearburn a lot, probably from the acid and it turn the acid causes me to be nauseous. Sometimes if I eat in the morning when I am nauseous it gets better, but not always. I have been waking up nauseous for years, but lately it just seems like I get naueous a whole lot more for no apparent reason. I also get a lot more heartburn than I ever had before and probably need to have either an upper GI series done or an endoscopy, which is something I completely don't want to do for fear of tubes going down my throat. Yes, I have read that they are nothing and a piece of cake, but I have severe hangups about things like that and a lot of hangups about choking. In fact, one of my great phobias is throwing up but sometimes it can't be avoided, so I usually go into a full panic attack at the time.

I was just basically wondering if anyone else got nauseous a lot and if so what was the cause and what did they do about it.

Thanks for writing!

Old 07-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
(female)

adogaboo HB User
Smile Re: Nauseous A Lot

Hi Staci
I too have been having nausea for the last 2 years. It was so bad that I was reluctant to have any tests done for fear of throwing up, which is also a huge problem for me. I have had the upper GI and the bowel scope done which all came back clear (by the way the tests aren't as bad as people say-just my opinion). My doctor initially prescribed a heartburn medication (prevacid and ranitidine) neither of which helped. After going back in they have decided that I have IBS. Well they put me on another prescription called Dicetel and for what ever reason it seems to be working better than anything else that I have tried. I should tell you that I no longer take the heartburn medication and have only been taking the Dicetel. Now I really don't want to jynx myself but "touch wood" this is the best that I have felt in two years. You might want to do some reading on enzymes or a lack there of which can be a contributing factor to many digestive disorders.
Good luck...I hope this helps adogaboo

Old 07-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #6
(female)

StaciL320 HB User

Hi adogaboo. Thanks for responding to my post. I am glad you finally found something that is helping you to feel better. It's funny how sometimes all it takes is the right medication to help, but finding that medication is not always so easy. My doctor once mentioned the possibility of IBS to me as well, but I have never had any of the diagnostic tests done so who knows if I really even have IBS? Sometimes I think having a nervous stomach is what causes a lot of problems for me because xanax has helped me on occasion when I am not feeling great.

Well, I hope you continue to have good health and thank you again for writing!

Closed Thread