It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 11:10 AM   #1

tamit HB User
Lightbulb Gall Stones?, IBS?, In my head??? Help!

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif
I had gall bladder removed 2 yrs ago. Still experience same pain--between shoulder blades & in upper abdomen after eating certain foods. Had endoscopy, no ulcers. Gastroenterologist firmly says it sounds like I still have stones in bile duct and I am scheduled for ERCP next week. I want to be sure--don't know much about IBS, but I am also fully bloated 75% of the time. Could not be related??? My life is VERY STRESSFUL w/ bedridden husband, 3 children--one w/ cerebral palsy, and a full-time job. Could it be stress????
Anyone with all the answers?????

------------------
Tami

Old 09-11-2003, 05:50 PM   #2
Reflux_Jan

Hi tamit,

My sister had her gall bladder removed a few years ago, and I know what terrible pain she was in before they removed it. It must be terrible to still be feeling that way now. I am sure if the gastroentologist thought it was the stones in the ducts, then before worrying about anything else I would trust him.

My only other thoughts are maybe an intolerance to the foods that you mentioned, have you tried to eliminate them completely from your diet?

Stress can wreck havoc on our bodies and can make us ache in places we didn't even know existed before. You mentioned having a child with CP. I know a lot of mothers with children with CP and know the stress that they go through, so I really do feel for you at the moment. There is nothing worse than needing to be 100% healthy for someone else and feeling rotten. Do you do a lot of heavy lifting, this could also explain aches and pains in the place you described?

Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 07:20 AM   #3

tamit HB User
truth of the matter...I wanted to be sure it was gall stones, so I purposely ate the foods I shouldn't to see the effect. All I can say is, "I BELIEVE!" I have decided to go ahead w/ the ERCP.

I do think I have a variety of problems, though. I have lower back pain, but I contribute that to the lifting of my 62lb child and my husband. For the first time ever, I have called in home health to help w/ husband. Yes, I need to work on getting myself healthy so I can take care of my responsibilities as wife & mother.

I will announce if the surgery does the job!

------------------
Tami

Closed Thread