It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #1

ds49 HB User
Post Ouestions about Mastic gum?

I tested postive for Hy plori and I took the prevapac I still have ouite a bit of pain and heartburn so I've been trying the Mastic gum I only tried It three times but it seems to make mr have more heartburn I've still been taking prevacid with it anyone have any ideas
thanks
d49

Old 09-14-2003, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
I took it betwen meals on an empty stomach and I also took PB-8 a probiotic supplement twice daily and had no heartburns. A belch would taste like something unusual ---I thought it must be mastic gum.

I wish you well--- Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #3

ds49 HB User
Harry
Thanks for your reply. what condition did you take the mastic gum for? did it take care of it? Did you take 2 at a time? I'm going to try them again tommorow Hope spring eternal Thanks again
ds49

Old 09-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
You said you took the prevpac and your still having problems.Have you been retested to see if the h.pylori is gone?Ive been taking the mastica gum now for 2 weeks. I have gerd and ibs, as you probably know gerd is very much associated with heartburn.I take 2 capsules twice daily.It hasnt caused me any heartburn.You said you still have quite a bit of pain and heartburn.What kind of pain?

------------------

Old 09-14-2003, 08:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Ps im also on prevacid too.

------------------

Old 09-16-2003, 07:48 AM   #6

ds49 HB User
Hi Suzy
Thanks for writing. I went back to the doctor and I asked him about testing to see if the Hy plori was gone Re said iy stayed positive in your system for a long time so I am just to take the previcid for a month and then go back and if I'm still having trouble with heartburn painin the chest etc He wants me to have a endoscopy done.I still have some heatburn and chest pain that comes and goes quickly. I also still have the off and on pain in my left which I have come to think is either a hernia or adhesions.
So how are you doing ? have you found any relief?
ds49

Old 09-17-2003, 07:34 PM   #7

grb HB User
I just started taking it yesterday for what I think is an ulcer. I take 2 3times a day between meals. I have not noticed any heartburn yet. I hope it works, I have had stomach pains and acid reflux for almost a year and it's getting real old. I cant take any kind of pain meds (bad shoulder) without terrible stomach pains. I have been taking Protonix a pump inhibitor which has helped but not cured my trouble.
One thing I have found that I have not seen anyone comment on is that my Dr just prescribed Ultracet a pain med for my shoulder, he said it is not hard on the stomach which it is not. When I take it my stomach pains, the acid reflux, and the bloating go away.

I hope the Mastica Gum works...
grb

[This message has been edited by grb (edited 09-17-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 09:37 PM   #8

regsmom HB User
I have taken Mastic Gum 2 caps for 6wks. I was using it for rotten egg burps and IBS. I thought maybe I had Hy Pylori. I feel like I have been cured. I have none of my previous symptoms. I will continue to take 1 capsule as a maintenance.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
I took Mastica for gastritis that was caued by an antibiotic. The manufacture of Mastica as well as my Doc recommends taking a probiotic supplement. But, I eat yogurt as well as take several probiotic supplements.

Old 09-19-2003, 12:16 AM   #10

deb731 HB User
Hi! I've been reading alot mentioned about the mastica gum. I have never heard of it before...wondering if I could get some info from anyone on it? Also the Ultracet was mentioned, anymore info on it ???
Thanks!

------------------

Old 09-19-2003, 01:27 AM   #11

grb HB User
Deb,
My Dr gave me Ultracet for shoulder pain. I could not take codeine or motrin because it upset my stomach. The Ultracet does not bother my stomach in fact I have found that when I have stomach pains and bloating that the Ultracet makes it go away. Ultracet has the drug Tramadol in it along with Tylenol. From what I have read it is not a narcotic, but it can cause addiction and withdrawels similar to narcotics but not as bad, so I have read. There seems to be a lot of controversy about that, but all I know is that its relieves my shoulder pain and stomach pain without any noticeble side affects. I never take more than 2 a day and not everyday so I feel safe taking it.
The Mastic gum I just heard about last week after reading about it in the forum. I bought a bottle of it from the internet and have been taking it for 2 days now. I planned on posting my experience with it after I have had time to see if it really does work. So far it DOES seem to help. I think I have an ulcer and have been taking a PPI for more than a year. The PPI has helped but at times I get acid reflux and very bad stomach pains and bloating.
For the 2 days that I have been taking the Mastic gum I have had no pain,reflux or bloating. So I am really encouraged by what is going on so far.
Do a web search there is a lot of info about it. It's not real expensive either.

[This message has been edited by grb (edited 09-19-2003).]

Old 09-19-2003, 03:23 PM   #12

ds49 HB User
Hi
thanks all of you for your input. I bought my mastic gum in a health pharmacy in our grocery store The best to you all
ds49

Closed Thread