It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 06:38 PM   #1

andylw_00 HB User
Post Looking for other non diabetic gastoparesis people

You can read my history in the Gerd post for actudan and just wodering if there is anyone else out there my age 24 with gastoparesis as severe as mine?????

Andrea

Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
(female)

mollygirl22 HB User
Re: Looking for other non diabetic gastoparesis people

My daughter has been dealing with gastroparesis and other things. At least that is what they tell us. She has been sick and in and out of the hospital since 2003. The occurances are getting closer now. She has been hospitalized at least 20 times. They have said she has parasites, gastoparesis (which was found on a gastric empty study), influenza B, etc. Now she had gall bladder test come back where the number were very low, so tomorrow they are removing her gall bladder. The attacks come on usually in the a.m. She always has stomach pain, and usually will start to vomit uncontrollably, so we end up in the emergency room. Then her potassium usually gets really low. She has not been able to keep a job, because she gets sick often. We are praying that her gall bladder may be part of the problem. And of course now she is depressed, and anxious, she wonders what kind of a life this is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
(female)

cosmo HB User
Re: Looking for other non diabetic gastoparesis people

Hi Andrea:

I'm also a non-diabetic and have severe gastroparesis. Actually, I have dysmotility throughout the entire GI system and I have a j-tube as well. I feed at nighttime. I have had multiple anaphylactic reactions to medications and they think this is the cause of the autoimmune neuropathy I have. I have other problems besides the GI dysmotility but that is really bad. I had celiac artery surgery in February and I have also been diagnosed with eosinophilic enteritis. I just found out I'm allergic to corn products which is huge because it's in practically everything! Ingredients of ingredients have corn products! I lost 40 pounds over the last year and I'm down to 81 pounds. My weight does not seem to change with the tube feeds so we are trying to increase the feeds. I was just evaluated at a well-known hospital and they think it will take 2-3 years for this to improve. At least they hope. Gastroparesis is an awful thing to live with. Every little thing you consume makes you feel so full and sick. My lower system does not work either and I have to give myself enemas. I had a lot of diarrhea but this improved with steroids and the tube feeds. Now I have the opposite problem! I also had pancreatitis and hepatitis from TPN and then a blood infection from the PICC line. I'm severely anemic as well and have lost a lot of hair. I hate how thin it feels now. I also have osteoporosis and was just started on medication for that. I'm in my 30s and I feel like my life is on hold with these problems! It's been over a year. I've worked on an off during the last year and hope to start working again soon. I'm so weak because I lost so much muscle mass but I'm determined, with therapy, to get stronger. I hope you do too, Andrea!

Closed Thread