It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 04:50 PM   #1

hope2663 HB User
Unhappy stomach noises!!

Hi there. I am new here but searching for answers!! Since June my stomach has been making horrible rumbling noises! VERY loud at times. Quite embarrassing!! Sometimes I feel bloated and a bit uncomfortable but for the most part just make the noise. It doesn't matter if I eat or am hungry. My PA did some blood work and decided it was just food passing through my system after eating or just air when no food was inside. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I have started on probiotic acidophilus and digestive enzymes but it really has not helped a whole lot. This is causing my a lot of stress and anxiety and has caused my to avoid social situations! Thanks for your help and God bless you!

Old 09-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #2
Reflux_Jan

Hi hope,

I am going to ask a very embarrasing question now, so please forgive me. Do you pass lots of smelly wind as well? As if someone has a lactose intolerance, they have lots of stomache wind as the body can't break it down and it is turned into smelly gas before it leaves the body? They quite often have upset tummies as well.

Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 06:47 AM   #3

hope2663 HB User
Thanks for getting back to me Jan. The answer is no. I don't have alot of problems with "passing gas" nor is it too smelly(LOLOLOL) Just about the normal amount I guess.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:05 AM   #4

csnyders HB User
Had a very noisy and bloated stomach and before my gallbladder operation, that has gone away. Gallstones could be a cause. Do you feel listless or lack energy?

Old 09-18-2003, 07:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
You need to start taking a Calcium / magnesium supplement.
Calcium is natures natrual tranquilizer--- it'll calm your intestines right down. Too much will constipate you so be careful.

God Bless---Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 09-18-2003).]

Old 09-22-2003, 05:06 PM   #6

gillian30 HB User
It's probably no big deal, but grumbling sounds and a bloated feeling are symptoms of Celiac Disease, which can be easily checked through blood work and then perhaps a biopsy if needed. It's a long shot, but if you're still uncomfortable in a couple more months, getting the blood work done might be a good idea.

Closed Thread