It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 09:13 PM   #1

Imzadi1701 HB User
Unhappy Gerd and Morning vomiting

I have been diagnosed with GERD and recently have experienced morning vomiting after acid reflux. It is undigested fats and oils. I feel better after throwing up, and have an empty stomach. Anyone else experience this?? Thanks
Zadi

Old 09-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
Reflux_Jan

Hi Imzadi,
Welcome to the world of reflux. There are a few things about reflux that might help you. If possible, avoid spicy or fatty foods, chocolate, alcohol, smoking, caffiene, fizzy drinks. Try not to eat anything for at least 2 hours before laying down and elevate your bed to help keep the contents in the stomach. This takes pressure off the lower oesophageal spincter, the muscle at the top of the stomach that keeps the contents in the stomach.
I do know of a little girl that had a drink of milk every morning, just so she could sick it up again. Then for the rest of the day she was fine. So I am sure you will come across others that have experienced this as well.

Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 01:51 PM   #3

LadyDlynn HB User
Wink

My husband was diagnosed 5 yrs. ago w/Gerds. He never knows when he'll have a surprise "episode" of vomiting at wk, etc. He is also tired ALL the time, anyone experience this or know if it's a symptom??? Thanks!

Old 09-12-2003, 08:01 PM   #4

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
I know how your husband feels! I have GERD as well and I too get awful morning sickness. I often get very sick and vomit bile randomly in the morning. Some mornings are good, others are bad. There's no way of telling. I'm tired a lot too but it's a side effect of one of my medicines. Re-assured to see other people have this problem, it was really bad when I went to HS and woke up at like 6 am... but the funny part was if I could sleep til 9 or 10 I'd be fine.
~Into the Woods

Old 09-24-2003, 04:30 AM   #5

LJH HB User
My son who is 16 months old has just been diagnosed with GERD. He vomits at least once a day. Can someone tell me as you get older can you control yourself to stop you vomiting or will he always be like this?. He is currently on medicine and gaviscon but it doesn't seem to be working. As a mother i am finding it very upsetting he doesn;t seem to bother.

Closed Thread