It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

juju0128 HB User
Unhappy Oooo, my stomach hurts!

I'm new here and I'd like your input. I'm 50 yrs. old and I've had a weird stomach all my life. These last few months, however, I've really been miserable. I had a sigmoidoscopy about 3 years ago and it was clean. But, I've been feeling really sick. I have horrible gas in my upper stomach, nasty pains both lower and upper stomach and at least once a day, I have not what you could call diarrhea, but really loose stools. Everything I've had to eat just comes rushing out. I also feel really tired and just out of it. No bleeding or anything, just misery. And, sometimes I feel nauseated. I've taken otc Immodium and Pepcid AC, stuff like that, even Pepto Bismol, but no help. My doctor says he wants to "work me up", but that has always meant a lot of tests, more money and no diagnosis. HELP!!!!

Old 09-24-2003, 07:00 PM   #2

Missfit58 HB User
Have you had your gall bladder out yet. My daughter had the same thing last year and gall bladder out? Now I have to have mine out but everyones systoms are different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2003, 04:07 AM   #3
(female)

juju0128 HB User
I still have my gall bladder. I've had the thing ultrasounded and all about 4 times in the past 30 years, but it's always come out negative. I just am at a loss as to what could make you feel like dying without killing you! LOL

Old 09-25-2003, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb

It sound like a yeast infection. When your intestinal bacteria get out of balance, you don't digest food properly and you can bloat, have gas with loose stools to even diarrhea.

It can be caused by taking a round of antibiotics to eating too much, salty, sugary or spicey foods as well as many other reasons.

A Doctor( Dr.William Crook, MD) that lived in Jackson,TN wrote several books about yeast overgrowth ---his first one was "The Yeast Connection"
It outlined the diet to follow to get rid of the yeast and put it back in balance. The diet basically kills off the bacteria by staving it out. They mostly thrive on sugar/ simple carbs.

Eating yogurt and taking a probiotic supplement daily helps re- establish the friendly bacteria. You may have to take a remedy or drug that kills the offending yeast.

There are over 400 different bacteria in your gastro tract --- it's only when they get out of balance that they cause problems.

God Bless---Harry

Old 09-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #5

gillian30 HB User
It interests me that you say you have had a bad stomach all your life. There are certain diseases that may cause that, such as Celiac Disease. Crohns Disease commonly causes bowel movements immeadiately after eating, too. The possibilities are very slim, don't worry, but you may want to request a test.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:29 PM   #6
(female)

juju0128 HB User
Man, thanks for the replies! You guys have given me some leads to pursue. I should have come here sooner!

Old 09-25-2003, 10:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
It could be possible that you have ibs.

------------------

Closed Thread