It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #121
(female)

helpmother HB User
Re: GERD Sufferers..I feel good...let me tell you why...

Thank you Bluepumbkin for your info and glad that you are better. I too do not believe PPI's work. (They may help some but not my experience) As you, my mother has been tested & tested there is nothing else wrong with her. She is so sick. She has gastritis for over 1 1/2 years and can get no relief or nothing seems to help. She too has tried many PPI's and Nexium with not avail. We have been taking magnesium for over 10 years and understand the benefit of them. They r nothelp with her stomach. It does help her with BM as she is not able to eat a proper diet. What am I talking about??? She cannot hardly eat anthing as when she eats it activates her acid (no matter what kind of food or drink Acid/Alcaline) and she feels ill and gets gas. She cannot live a normal life and is too thin (105lbs today). I worry so much about her as I watch her suffer. We tried a couple cubes of cooked squash & it was a bad reaction. It is the quanitiy of food also that gets her. She can only tolerate bread, milk, 1/2 banana bit of cream of wheat mixed with water. Mastic gum did not work. DGL was awful and she could not tolerate it. If someone cannot take PPi's what else is out there that can't assist with the stomach acid?How do you heal a stomach lining if you need to put food in it all the time to live and it cannot heal? How do you get better if you cannot nourish your self with food and get energy? I am glad magesium is helping people with other conditions. Keep taking it. Thank you all. T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #122
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

I don't know exactly what your Mom is suffering from so this is just a suggestion. I assume she has been tested for a motility problem. Food staying in the stomach too long. As long as the food is there the acid will be produced. It is the acid in the stomach produces that is the culprit. Has she tried something to increase the motility in her stomach. I use something called Motilium which is not availble in the US but is available overseas over the counter. It has been on the market for years and it very reasonable. It does the same thing that Reglan does but costs about 50cents a pill unlike Reglan. I cannot give you a website because of site rules here but you can find it on the web. My Dr. knows I use it and has not problem with it. He just said there is no money in it to bring to market here. I assume you mother has been completely checked for H.pylori and gone thru that treatment. My biopsies were negative for it but my Dr. was still sure I had it so I did the treatment and it helped tremendously. Good luck. PPI's only treat the symptoms, not the problem.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #123
(female)

helpmother HB User

Hello Canyondweller.

Thanks, I will look into that. My mother has gastritis. Every test was negative.
She got treated with antibotics twice and PPI's. The second time made her worse as you may know antiboitcs are not so effective if you use them over & over. She took probiotics with them. The first time she was almost getting to feel a little better and try to eat then went down hill again. She stopped the probiotics after months of using it and is just taking enzymes with some of her food. What treatment did you get?
Does anyone know how to sooth a stomach lining? She always feels better when she does not eat but is very hungry.

T

Closed Thread