It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #1

Fairy314 HB User
Is it only GERD???

I posted on the acid reflux site, but was wondering if anyone here could help. I've had a burning pain in the middle of my stomach (epigastric area) for the past year. I am currently taking Nexium for it. Anyways, I had an endoscopy which showed some mild irritation and the doctor diagnosed me with GERD. I've done some research and most of the symptoms are heartburn. I don't really ever get heartburn its just more of the constant burning sensation in the middle of my stomach. So could it still be GERD or something else? Anyone have my symptom and been diagnosed with GERD? Please reply, I've been very distraught over this and don't know if I should go for more tests!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User
Re: Is it only GERD???

When I first starting having problems it began with burning in my stomach. I came out of the endoscopy with the same diagnosis as you. I did not have hearburn but instead felt pain with swallowing and a burning in my stomach at all times. I later developed hearburn but it didn't start out that way. I'm now on Prevacid. I have to watch everything I eat and if I'm not careful I really suffer including rebound gastritis. I've added disgestive enzymes and probiotics to my regime in hopes it helps. I also think DGL is quite good and when my tummy is upset I chew on a couple and I feel better. I'm not 100% cured but I am better. Your diagnosis and symptoms sound right for GERD to me. One thing I did insist on was the test for H. Pylori. You may want to do that to ensure it isn't the cause of the gastritis. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread