It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #31
(male)

lordmercy HB User
Re: Rotten egg burps, throwing up, bloated, etc...

Just have a banana , simple....it always works

Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 PM   #32
(female)

Tkwill24 HB User

I am still having this issue. And still no results other than Acid Reflux. I plan on trying the garlic. The rotten egg burps are what makes this unbearable. That makes me vomit, or I try so hard to hide the symptom (it smells also) from others or trying to NOT throw up that I am exhausted. Please keep updating this illness. It has to be something other than Acid Reflux, this sulphur like symptom should be able to pinpoint this, or to me it would distinguish it from Acid Reflux.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #33
(female)

Eliza33 HB User
Talking Re: Rotten egg burps, throwing up, bloated, etc...

I had this for a month last year when I was working 12 hour shifts under a horrible boss who didn't care if I lived or died.

Finally and LUCKILY, after going to my GP and several walk in clinics, I went to the emergency room. (On a side note, my boss, after I explained I was going to the ER, called me in the emergency room to accuse me of using PTO without telling her! She was insane!)

But I digress...

The doctor there said it sounded like H pylori and that even though he couldn't get the test results back fast enough, he would go ahead and treat me for it.

I was treated with 2 kinds of antibiotics and a acid reducer. I've not had this since.

*** I had been tested for H.Pylori becuase of my acid reflux a short while before and was told I didn't have. Obviously, I did or had an infection that this medication treated.

So the tests can be wrong. Might want to try asking your doctor to treat you for H.Pylori even if a test shows nothing because the treatment worked for me and I've not had it for over a year.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #34
(female)

GAgirl HB User

well im looking for answers to because ive got these urps to and they are becoming really disgusting. i would love to ave answers on what it is and how to cure it.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #35
(female)

laura ann HB User

Ok. Ive had this too. Several things to notice and try, for example if its just sulphur burps or also sulphur farts. These are specific things your doctor can test for. Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-28-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #36
(female)

Shondell HB User

i have just starting getting this too every 2 weeks, i dont get it! except the next day i have diareeha. I dont get the whole live bacteris thing cause i eat a very clean healthy diet without wheat...a real mystery!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #37
(female)

swilkins HB User

I have those burps with severely painful gas/bloating and watery diahrhea. I have no idea what it is. mine started within the last 8 months. I have assumed it was associated with my recently diagnosed diabetes.... but one post on here was discussing the same issue and gallbladder issues... I dont know but it hurts really bad when it happens. I drink maalox... it helps a little with the gas.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

It sounds like a lot of you need to be tested for Celiac. (97% go undiagnosed) It's not just wheat but barley and rye ,other ingredients you wouldn't know of unless you got a list of food to avoid. You have to eliminate these and (pasta, bread etc.) It's an auto immune disorder and can be basically cured if you stay on this diet (for life) I have a daughter with it and she hardly had any of these symptoms except some occasional bloating and constipation. You'd be surprised how many people have it. For some reason it affects people of Irish decent the most. Ask your doc for a celiac panel. The definitive way to really diagnose it is an endoscopy WITH biopsy of the small intestine. It will find the villi laying flat (not supposed to). You don't absorb your nutrients and will be deficient in vitamins and anemic. Some will test negative but biopsy will be positive. Google it and read the symptoms. I have been on celiac boards and a lot complain about rotten egg or foul breath. This isn't on the symptoms list though. As far as irritable bowel it's usually not that but celiac. Good luck on some of you getting to the root of this.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #39
(male)

vancouver1234 HB User

I've also taken all the steps you mentioned to solve my constant bad breath issue: workout daily, lifted my bed, dont drink, nasal irrigation, dont smoke, eat healthy food, take probiotics daily, avoid eating at least 3h before bed time but nothing seems to help.

I used to think the problem was post nasal drip BUT in my case it seems whenever I talk people can smell ****. If I drink beer, all of a sudden this horrible smell of the worst fart takes up an entire room. Its horrible. Needless to say I stopped drinking and my social life is a wreck.

Doctors are clueless about my problem so i've been researching myself. It just hit me, from reading material in this forum, that it my problem may be related to food rottening in my stomach. The only thing that puzzles me is that I go to the washroom at least 1x day and I cant imagine food stays there long enough to rotten.

I will buy some digestive enzimes and try it for a bit, although i heard it did not work for you. It seems gases flow freely from my lower intestine out of my mouth. I dont know and i feel so bad. People's reactions is what kills me because I cant really smell anything.

Because our cases seem so similar, I'd like to work with you on a solution. Maybe together we can be open about it to each other and work towards a solution. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #40
(female)

mrsjwilliams29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETH m View Post
I am distressed that I haven't gotten many replies to my post. Somebody must know what I have. I am getting it again tonight. Now I know I will not sleep , I will be sick all night long. Then I have to get up in the morning and live my life. These burps are so repulsive I can't leave the house when I have them. I've had a cat scan and an upper and lower GI. No answers. Everythiing seems normal. I have become disgusting. I am getting this every couple of weeks or EVERY week now. They should just send ME to Bagdad, I'd have that place cleared out in fifteen minutes. I can't live like this. I feel like just stopping all eating and then seeing what happens. How long can a person go without food and not harm themselves? I don't know what else to do.
I had the same problem. My 5 year old son litterally just went through it today I associate it with gas he said his stomach hurted it was so bloated he couldn't lay down. I gave him infant gas drops and within 10 minutes he vomited and his stomach went down to its normal size but he had the same symptoms rotn egg smelling burps. I go through the same thing every couple of months I have no clue what this is I wish I did because its horrible!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:35 AM   #41
(male)

SVXX HB User

Gotta agree with Sarah on the probiotics part. One pretty good probiotic which I've had in the past is Darolac, and it has lactobacillus acidophilus. That and yoghurt will do tons of good I'm sure. The irony is that acidophilus bacteria are found in dairy products ("lacto") and you have to cut them off to see if it helps alleviate your symptoms!

Closed Thread