It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2003, 11:01 PM   #1

BETH m HB User
Unhappy Rotten egg burps, throwing up, bloated, etc...

I am distressed that I haven't gotten many replies to my post. Somebody must know what I have. I am getting it again tonight. Now I know I will not sleep , I will be sick all night long. Then I have to get up in the morning and live my life. These burps are so repulsive I can't leave the house when I have them. I've had a cat scan and an upper and lower GI. No answers. Everythiing seems normal. I have become disgusting. I am getting this every couple of weeks or EVERY week now. They should just send ME to Bagdad, I'd have that place cleared out in fifteen minutes. I can't live like this. I feel like just stopping all eating and then seeing what happens. How long can a person go without food and not harm themselves? I don't know what else to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to BETH m For This Useful Post:
shigh (08-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 03:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Think you probably need to eat some live yogurt or take Probiotics/Acidophilus to re-balance the friendly bacteria in your gut. This helps with a bloated belly and belching.

You can go without eating for a considerable length of time, as long as you keep drinking adequate fluids, at least 1 litre a day, but ideally more. However, not eating could just be making your problems worse, as you will probably feel more sick and bloated.

Try cutting dairy and wheat out of your diet for a bit and seeing if that makes a difference. However, it does sound as if you need to re-balance your bacteria, so Acidophilus on an empty stomach twice daily or eating some live yogurt should do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah68 For This Useful Post:
shigh (08-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 08:50 PM   #3

Cobra Jet HB User
I was hoping you would get more replies to your message since I have the same problem from time to time. My symtoms are always the same as yours- the foul belching, bloating, and always vomiting in the end. I have found that it is best to go ahead and try to vomit and empty my stomach as soon as the symtoms start. Then I can start getting over it. Of course, the vomiting and loss of fluids makes me weak and tired for about a day.

Again, I have been able to narrow my problem down to eating fish, at least that has been the pattern for the last couple of years. I started out having this about once per year, now it is about once per month.
I wonder if it is some type of allergic reaction to the fish. I believe I am becoming less tolerant of this type of food. It did not always bother me in the past. Now that I have narrowed it down, I don't plan to eat fish any more.

I have heard of another person who could not digest shell fish, and would vomit after eating it. Maybe the previous poster has a point about bacteria balance.

Please let me know if your doctor ever comes up with a cause or cure for this.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:05 AM   #4

BETH m HB User
I wish I could say that my problem was related to eating fish, but I don't eat fish. I have tried to remember what I've eaten that could cause this but nothing stands out. I don't drink much milk or eat yogurt so I don't think it's dairy either. I do drink a lot of sweet ice tea and I used to drink caoke all the time. I wonder if sugar has anything to do with it.I must find out what is wrong. I am getting this way too much to function.

Old 04-10-2003, 11:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Try eating the yogurt as it will help rebalance your gut bacteria. This needs to be live yogurt though.

Also, cut out the sugar as yeast thrives on sugar and this could certainly be a cause.

Old 04-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #6
(female)

lisashoemake HB User
I had the same problem for over a year, I was treated for Acid Reflux, Ibs and finally mis-diagnosed with Diabetic gastroparesis, Which I was taking Reglan for. I was still having the bloating, the disgusting burps, the most miserable feeling. I was not satisfied with this diagnosis; I started researching all of my medications. I learned that the Potassium I was taking which was a slow release caused ulcerations and gastroparesis like symptoms. I took this information to my Dr. and he switched me to a liquid, and most of the symptoms had disappeared. I would suggest looking at your medications. My suggestion is look at your medications, this is where I found my answers when I was grasping.

Old 04-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
food can rot in the intestines producing horrible smelling burps,farts, etc
these should be tried and often help to make the digestive system work better

fresh alfalfa sprouts and alfalfa tablets, fresh papaya or paw paw or tablets of either
also drink plenty of water

Old 04-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #8

Meliouma HB User
Hi
Yogurt with live probiotics does wonders , it is also easier to digest for people with lactose intollerance as most the lactose is digested by bacteria , it is worth trying, worked for me and solved many problems.

Old 04-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
The bacteria in your intestines are more than the number of cells in your body. They can get out of balance with your eating habits--- processed food, sweets, cola, birth control pills, alcohol, too much spicy food, medication especially antibiotics, and the list is long.

Eating a good brand of yogurt as well as taking probiotic supplements help in moderate cases but if you have a full blown yeast infection --- you will need a yeast killer along with the re-balancing program as Sarah suggested.

God Bless---Harry

Old 04-19-2003, 04:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Beth, After you exhaust all aveneus of health from the internal colon and if you still find your stomach in the throwes of difficulty, it might be time for other kinds of consideration.
I've had GI problems with vomiting and mine are linked to the status of endometriosis and pelvic adhesions in my pelvic area which are compromising the structure of my gut and doing irritable damage from the exterior of the colon.
I take medications to work with the spasms because the whole key to my health relies on keeping the gut out of spasm.
I have seen gastroenterologists, urologists, gynecologists and a reproductive endogrinologist for my answers.
Of all the specialties it seemed that the gynecologist had the least amount of awareness and fewest real answers.
I eat a lot of Probiotics too. The Probiotics do help in the contribution to a more harmonious gut. When working with an irritable bowel in any capacity it's wise to stay on the calm end of the digestive process.
The better you eat and better care you take of the internal colon, will definatly help in the contribution of making the intestinal process easier.
When things get really bad for me I use phenergan suppositories and just ride out the nausea storm.
Bowel health can be a complex matter.
It's important to understand what is triggering your gut to react.
Good Luck in finding the root cause.
kat

P.S. If by chance your problem is due to problems with the external colon, the problem is something that can not be seen on most of the imaging tests doctors order.
The only way to know is to have a surgeon go in with a laproscope.
A good Gastroenterologist could tell you if your situation sounds like pelvic adhesions.
One of my Gastroenterologists diagnosed my problem in our first meeting.

[This message has been edited by kat721 (edited 04-19-2003).]

Old 05-20-2003, 02:04 PM   #11

wartsilla HB User
My husband has the same problem. He eats light through the week and then has "free meals" on the weekends, and it always affects him after a BIG meal. He used to get them every weekend but, he has started eating live culture yogurt daily and that helped some.

We have also noticed that if he takes lactaid he doesn't have any near the number of episodes. I guess from the enzymes that are in it.

Long story short, he used to have weekly episodes and we are down to about 1 every 3 months.

Old 06-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #12

stomache bloating , gas HB User
Arrow

I HAD THE SAME SYMPTOMS, ROTTEN EGG BURPS, GAS, BLOATING, DIAHREA, COLD SWEATS, PAIN IN STOMACHE,NOW THE VOMITING HAS SET IN. WENT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, WASTE OF TIME. DECIDED TO CHECK THE WEB AND GOT SOME GOOD IDEAS, HEALTH FOOD STORE (A GOOD ONE). WE GOT THE ROTTEN EGG BURPS UNDER CONTROL, BUT STILL HAVE THE REST OF THE SYMPTOMS. I FOUND PROBIOTIC INULIN CHOCOLATE WAFER AND A FAMILY OF PLANT ENZYMES AN AID FOR DIGESTION AND STOMACHE DISTRESS, TAKEN AT OR BEFORE A MEAL HELPFUL. I ALSO STOPPED EATING DAIRY PRODUCTS. SWITCHED TO SOY MILK. CUT BACK ON WHEAT CEREALS. CHICKEN SEEMS TO TRIGER SYMPTOMS.

------------------

Old 10-11-2003, 10:01 PM   #13

Leigh25 HB User
Beth, have you been tested for Hpylori? I suffered with the rotten egg burps with vomiting for ten years. I tested positive for Hpylori and was treated for it twice to get rid of it. I have not had another episode since and that was over a year ago. Good luck!

Old 10-12-2003, 12:55 AM   #14

tuesday22 HB User
hi,
i have those burps and H. Pylori too. was treated w/antibiotics once but it didnt go away. Was just retested to see if the H. Pylori is really gone--after requesting it several times. Hopefully the test will show something and i can be treated--wish me luck.
bye

Old 10-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #15

regsmom HB User
I used to have the problem that you are describing but I have not had it for more than a month. I started taking Mastic Gum that I purchased over the internet. Just type in Mastic Gum. I took 2 caps a day in the morning before I ate. I took them for 4 weeks. I did not have any problems. I now just take 1 cap a day. Check it out. It has been a huge change in my life. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif)

Closed Thread