It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
Doctor said Endoscopy went great and all looked good...now he wants to see me!

I did an Endoscopy two weeks ago because of frequent stomach aches after meals.

After the procedure he clearly said to me that he didn't see any uncers or cancer. But to take Prevacid for 2 months for the "gastritious" he did see and come back after I finished the pills.

Well, two weeks of taking Prevacid on and off (not every day...I just kept forgetting) and I have diarreah (sp??) and decided to contact the doctor about it. And to ask about the "official" results of the biopsy since I did not hear from them.

I was told he wanted to see me, and to stop the Prevacid. I got the impression from the nurse that they found something.

Now I am worried. What could it be other than ulcers, cancer or gastritous?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
(female)

Toot Toot HB User
Re: Doctor said Endoscopy went great and all looked good...now he wants to see me!

Of what did your doctor take a biopsy if he didn't see anything? Did he simply biopsy stomach tissue?

As far as how your doctor's nurse responded: I bet it's simply a matter of the doctor wanting to see you & talk to you before moving toward a different plan of care for the gastritis. I could be wrong, obviously, but my question is: if something of concern was found, why weren't you contacted?

I don't know...I just wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.
Please do keep us posted as to what you find out. Take care!
Romans 8:28

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread