It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #1

booboo4645 HB User
Post magnesium

Can taking magnesium vitamins be just as effective?

Old 09-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #2

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
Just as effective as what? Do you mean taking PPI's?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 06:11 PM   #3

booboo4645 HB User
I'm sorry....I meant the magnesium tablets that you were talking about in another post, the kind you place under the tongue, I cannot find them, so I was going to get the magnesium tablets

Old 09-06-2003, 06:39 PM   #4

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
I've definately gotten relief from the magnesium tablets. I couldn't find the kind you put under your tongue either. I've seen them on some of the vitamin websites. Just type magnesia phosphorica in the search bar and you'll see. Harry told me about the whole magnesium thing for the under the ribcage pain and I must say it really does work. It took only a few hours before I started to feel better. I am taking no more nexium or any other medicine. I started to reduce the amount of magnesium I was taking. I started with 2 a day because I was in so much pain then just take 1. I went 3 days before I kinda felt like I need one. Try it, it will probably help if your having that under the rib spasm pain.

Old 09-06-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
You know lack of magnesium in your diet is also a big cause of heart problems as well as all sorts of muscle spasms/ cramping!!!

Old 09-08-2003, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Hey harry i meant too ask you before but forgot.Do you have any idea how much magnesium we should be taking?Also is the magnesia in the magnesia phos the same as the mineral magnesium?Thanks

Old 09-08-2003, 09:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb

Suzy,
I have been writing on these boards so long I could have written a book. Almost 3 years ago I wrote a post on the old board about magnesium so I won't repeat it just click on this and read it and I'll add to it---
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/irritable-bowel-syndrome/3453.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/irritable-bowel-syndrome/3453.html[/url]

If you take too much it will make your bowels loose!!!

Magnesium is needed for the absorption of calcium and potassium but it's relationship is very intimit but not well understood.

To best absorb calcium --you need 2 parts calcium to 1 part magnesium also vitamin D. The magnesium that you have in your body is the fourth most plentiful cation(ion). About 50 % is in the bones. The amount of Mg that is in the blood and the amount in the cells or total body is not closely related but low blood magnesium is an indicator of total magnesium in the body.

The homeopathic remedy -- Magnesia Phosphorica is absorbed in the mouth and bypassing the digestive system that can be a little messed up and magnesium absorption in materal doses does depend on stomach pH(acid levels). It works on an entirely different level as the mineral magnesium than homeopathic remedy.

The Homeopathic type is very diluted and is extremely good for anti-spasms, cramping muscles with radiating pain. Neuralgic pain that is relieved by wamth. The symptoms that it can help are about 10 pages long from sleeplessness because of indigestion to menstrual pain to Angina Pectocis, spasmotic cough, bloating gas pains, cramping in calves, writers cramps and on and on.

It is good for so many spasms type pains ---I carry a bottle around while out of the house.

I hope this is not too much info for such a simple question!!!

God Bless---Harry

Old 09-09-2003, 03:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User
Thanks a bunch Harry!

------------------

Old 10-10-2003, 07:36 AM   #9
(male)

starling80 HB User
Talking

Hmmm...this has me thinking...I've been on Nexium for a few weeks now because my GP thought the fluttering sensation was the valve at the lower end of my esophagus twitching/spasming due to mild long-term acid reflux. While the Nexium HAS made the symptoms less frequent, they have yet to disappear...I know, I know...it can take as long as 2 months for a GI irritation to heal with the help of PI's.

For as long as I can remember (I'm 31), I've had periodic eyelid twitches and other muscles that just randomly jerk or twitch...could the fluttering in my chest actually me a ribcage muscle twitching lightly? If so, could I have a magnesium or other mineral deficiency that is causing my muscle twitches?

Very interesting possibility...

Old 10-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Arrow

Move for New Members!!!

Closed Thread