It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #16
Senior Veteran

vamp36 HB Uservamp36 HB User
Re: Burping rotten eggs/sulfur, PLEASE HELP

i also have this. My GI doctor says it's allthe acid/food combo in the stomach and the GERD problem is why it comes up.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #17
(male)

rock4him HB User

Cobra Jet
I have all of these symptoms. Mine seems to hit me every 6 months to a year. Usually a big meal or heavy food like spaghetti or burritos will trigger it. When it happens I have no appetite and eventually vomit within a day or two. This condition is debilitating for a whole day or 2. I burp the rotton eggs so horrbly, my wife won't even ride in the car when this happens. I am 27 yrs old and in pretty good health. This began several years back. I also have a haitel hernia. My doctors haven't got a clue. They are worthless. On my own, I would only eat liquid foods until this all passed because I noticed I would vomit food that I had eaten from 24 hours ago so solid food would not digest. I went to an herbalist and she said I have what they call H. Pylori. This is caused from parasites in the stomach. They burrow into the stomach lining and when stomach acid tries to attack them, they release something to fight back which causes the stomach acid to become unstable. The parasites come from things such as pork and improperly slaughtered meat. She put me on liquid myrrh for several months to kill the parasites. I wouldn't recommend just going out and doing this. Myrrh is very potent. Please see a natural doctor for recommendations.

Last edited by moderator4; 02-25-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 04:26 AM   #18
Inactive
(female)

Jessica1228 HB User

Losec20mg
Sadly, I eat a very pure diet of all raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds, and I still have this problem. In fact, it actually started when I started eating that way!

Last edited by moderator4; 02-25-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:33 AM   #19
(female)

Skav HB User

This is my first time posting on these message boards. Glad I found them. It is 3:11am and I am up feeling really sick with the Rotten Egg Burp thing. It started around late afternoon yesterday. I am pretty much eating what I have been for months without a problem. The only thing diet wise that is out of the ordinary is the amount of soada I have been drinking. That has increased significantly. I have also been under an unusual amount of stress. I do not know how much all of that accounts for the REB (Rotten Egg Burp) issue but the following has been happening since late last afternoon:

Feeling pain in the lower left stomach quadrant and back
Flatuence that seems to very momentarily ease this problem
REB's
Feeling slightly releieved following stool passage
Feeling nausiated and losing appetite

I have only had REBs one other time and that was around July. I had it really bad and about 6 hours after the REBs began, I started having diahreah just about every half hour for several hours. By the next day it was all over with and It left me feeling weak for a couple days and I had to take almost 3 days of work off with it. I do not remember how much soda I drank or how much stress I felt when that one came on. I did see the doctor after 4 hours after the onset of REBs and he told me "I had an imbalance of flora in my stomach" and told me to take phazime and mylanta.

Now I am having another REBs episode (this time without the diahreah but with more pain). Is this how it all began for you all the first few times of having this? Do any of you find it is worse when you are under stress sometimes and/or drink more soda than usual?

Old 04-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #20

Cobra Jet HB User

I think stress is the contributor to my rotten egg burp problems. In every case, I have experienced some sort of work or family stress right before the problem starts. I have never been able to tie it to any one type of food or drink. I have never had problems with sodas. Sometimes I get diareaha, but mostly I vomit everything out of my stomach which cures the problem. Somehow the food just stays in the stomach and spoils, causing the bloat and burping. I guess the stress stops the stomach from working.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #21
(female)

tocute4u_16 HB User

Hi,

I have experienced the rotten egg burps for about 5 years, i ususally have the burps which are discusting but then i throw up which is even worse, then i feel much better if all of my stomach contents have been thrown up, i need help sooo bad, its so yucky, the doctor does not know what is wrong, the foods that trigger the problem for me are eggs, hotdogs, and sausages, but once in a while i get it for no reason, like today i had a normal ceaser salad i have all the time and a chicken burger, nothing different then i normally have. I need to get rid of this, i have tried not eating the foods that trigger it and im usually okay except for once in a while, but this is soo grosse that i need to do something. Any suggestions?? I have not had any testing done as i just turned 19 and the doctor doesnt really take me too seriously. I just need help. Please!!

Last edited by tocute4u_16; 07-04-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:07 AM   #22
(male)

triple-c HB User

Like many of you, the only relief I have received from this horrible phenomanon is finding this board, and one or two similar boards on the net. Half of my concern has now been releived knowing i'm not the only one with this ailment.
My symptoms parallel so many other sufferers here that it blows me away.
For me, it has been occuring every 5 to 6 months. Starting out with a few days of heart-burn or GERD followed by the dreaded "REB", which lasts the typical 12 to 36 hours. All the while knowing that it will eventually end in that horrible last hour. Somewhere near or on the porcelin throne-vomiting from my toes until that last measure of bile is dispelled. Then relief followed by sleep soon occurs.
Every periodic bout "seems" to be more intense then the past.
Like many of you I attempt trouble shooting the cause or ediology.
In fact I work in the medical field, currently persuing a nurse practitioner degree. So i possibly have some added faculties at my disposal to help interpret what may be going on. But most is speculation.
The one thing I do know is that the egg smell is hydrogen sulfide, which is primarily a smell related digestively to protein consumption. And as far as I can recall, every time I have a bout with this problem protein had been recently consumed in my diet - with in 2 days. Like many of you I assumed it was the eggs, or the meat sauce, or the hot dogs. Then it hit me that the one thing they have in common is all being protein foods. I also believe that slow digestive motility plays a role as mentioned by many of you. But why the sudden slow down in digestive function? What could be the precursor to this.
A doctor on another board mentioned a virus might be the culprit, but this was just a hunch.
One way I believe we could all help close in on this culprit is to do our own epidemeological study. At least until some better organized professionals pick up the torch and run with it. What this basically means is we all need to compare what is common in all of our lives that could be setting the stage for this disorder.
For example, my house is supplied by well water, I live in Florida, i have a bird and 3 dogs. are we all possibly taking a similar medication? etc. etc If we begin collaberating this information we just might close in on a common denominator?
Much regard, triple-c

The following user gives a hug of support to triple-c:
Amy Jeanne (06-07-2011)
Old 01-18-2006, 01:25 AM   #23
(female)

kellkey HB User
Smile Re: Burping rotten eggs/sulfur, PLEASE HELP

I have this exact problem. About once a month or so, I burp rotten eggs, have diarrhea, and vomit *all of which taste and smell like rotten eggs*. Sometimes its just the burping, sometimes all these symptoms. My father and brother and sisters all get this about as often as I do. I can't believe that no one has suggested this, but we have always believed it to be allergies. I've read many posts and not one I've read has mentioned this. We have all had this problem since 8 or 9years old.. and when we take allergy medication, it seems to go away after a few hours! Maybe I'm wrong, but when I take a specific medicine and it takes the problem away, I assume I've discovered the problem. I don't buy into the gastro problems or "bugs". I've had this for 12 or so years, my father has had it for 30+ years. I notice I get these symptoms when around the things I'm allergic to: mold, dust, etc. I've never seen a doctor about it, because I've always assumed it was allergies. Although, I am a little worried now because my 2 year old daughter seems to have started this. Just a guess, but from personal experience, I'd say its hereditary.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #24
(male)

TravisG HB User

I too have this problem. My doctor put me on 50mg of Protonix a day, hasnt happened since. But when i drink stuff with "magnesium sulfate" in them, like some bottled waters and Propel fitness water, i feel like i get the start of it. Not necissarily the egg burp, but a weird fullness is the only way i can describe it. So i stopped drinking propel and havent had that problem either. I would suggest talking to your doctors about getting on Protonix, it seems to work.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #25
(female)

nanna02 HB User

This is amazing , to see others have had this problem!.

Fortunately , I only had one occurrence of the awful stinking sulphur smelling burping , but worse still , it was on my honeymoon 34 years ago !

We stayed in an quaint old hotel and were served up a pumpkin soup with rolls for starters , which I'd never eaten before ,

what else I don't remember , but my husband said he didn't like it .
that night , I felt sick , think I was sick , and the next day , as we drove , I began that sulphur smelling burping ! .. it was awful ,..

we had to drive along , windows down all the way , me with my head out the window each burp , ..

it went on for 2 - maybe 3 days , then eventually stopped !.. I was so relieved to get on my honeymoon with out it!..
Thank goodness we were travelling around rivers , fishing , etc, so I didn't have to see other people much !. I was quite exhausted !..

So I'm sorry for all of you who have had it longer , just wanted to say my heart goes out to you all, having experienced just a tiny little moment of it.

..I sincerely Hope you all get your answers and some relief !

Kind Regards , nanna02

Old 02-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #26
(male)

PopsSoCal HB User
Thumbs up Re: Burping rotten eggs/sulfur, PLEASE HELP

I just wanted you all to know that I am very happy to let you all know that I appreciate this forum. I did a search in google and found this and I am happy to tell you from reading this thread that I have found a relief from this very upsetting condition
. And I wish to thank that person for the info. That person (KellKey) said they went to a doctor and got a perscription for Allergeys. well my wife had some Zyrtec that she takes for her allergies, Well I took one and within less tan an hour all stomch cramps, vomiting, diareia,etc were gone and I am a happy camper now so i hope this will help anyone here with this very nasty condition and best too you all. also I want to add that I have had this condition for a very long time and never found relief from it till now
Thanks Pops

Last edited by PopsSoCal; 02-14-2006 at 01:06 PM. Reason: To get the persons name that gave me the idea "KellKey"

Old 02-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #27
(male)

PopsSoCal HB User

I am very happy to have found this forum it gave me the best help ever

Old 02-20-2006, 07:06 AM   #28
(female)

ElectrikBlue HB User

I'm a 27 year old female who is in good shape and have been having these symptom's since I was around 19 years old.

I've never linked this illness to any certain foods that we're recently eaten, since i've eaten pretty much anything i've wanted and it comes off and on reguardless of food consumed.

However, I've noticed that my stomach tends to go into what I call shutdown mode.. where it isn't digesting completely or emptying out.. so its as if half digested food sits there or the flap/gate that opens into the intestines stays open and lets food kind of float in and out until the bowels/stomach are both emptied.. then a bit of sleep and all is well again.

Hopefully someone gets some answers.. I know i've gotten nowhere with any doctor about this matter so i've given up on it.

Well wishes to everyone out there going through the same problem and good luck.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #29
(female)

leo03713 HB User

Hi
I suffer almost every other day with this problem and the only symptom I don't seem to have in common with a lot of you posters is the vomiting. I have not had any gastric surgeries and this malady has only increased in frequency within the last few years. I am just so fed up with it. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Dannon yogurt, Activia, which is supposed to have Bifidus Regularis and they claim eating Activia every day for two weeks balances the intestinal microflora and helps regulate your digestive system by helping to reduce long intestinal transit time.
I have not come across this in any stores as yet and their website has no info on where to buy it. Has anyone tried this yogurt yet? Or does anyone have any further info?
By the way, I have been going through it all day and just tried drinking vinegar per a post I read somewhere...so far so good,stomach is still a little gurgly but much less stinky burps and not so bloated and gassy!

Old 02-23-2006, 01:36 AM   #30
(female)

amber9877 HB User

Thank God I'm not alone!
I first remember having the "egg burps" as a child. Every once in a while my whole family would come down with it. We had well water and it seemed to happen after we had eaten sweets. (I have no idea if the water or the sweets are related to the burps) I remember the burps, but I do not recall having thrown up or having the runs. Time went on and eventually we all stopped having these problems. Now I'm 28 years old and it's back and worse than ever! It all started after I gave birth to our first child. I would be sick with the burps, the vomiting and soft/runny stools at least once a week. Slowly I would go more time between episodes till now 15 months later it only seems to happen every couple of months. Oddly we had just moved into a place with well water again right before the baby was born. Related? I doubt it or my husband would have the same problem, and we had a roomate for a few months who never suffered with these symptoms. For a time I was keeping a journal of what I ate and I didn't find anything that seemed to trigger it. I have noticed that stress seems to bring it on sometimes or make it worse. Lots of sleep seems to help. Taking MASS ammounts of extra strength Gas X helps to make it more bearable, and peppermint also seems to help. Tonight I'm having ginger tea and I'm trying the apple cider vinegar. I hope it works! I will let you all know if I have any luck with it.

Closed Thread